Forums
Posted By: teacherSue Mouse problems - 8th Jan 2016 3:01pm
I have a Dell computer with Dell mouse which has worked well for several years, but now frequently double clicks instead of single - very frustrating. I've tried slowing down the double click setting but that doesn't help. Just bought a new Dell laser mouse, fitted it to PC which automatically downloaded a driver - but it doesn't work. I've tried the new mouse with my laptop (Windows 8) - no problems. Why won't it work with my PC (running Windows 7), even with the driver downloaded?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mouse problems - 8th Jan 2016 3:08pm
I've got a Dell mouse that does exactly the same, switches are getting worn. As you say, the double click setting doesn't change it which is weird - and bloomin' annoying.

A rapid large number (30+) of HEAVY presses puts it right for a week or two.

What also helps is using the mouse right at the front of the switch instead of pressing it in the middle.
Posted By: Mark Re: Mouse problems - 8th Jan 2016 3:22pm
The new mouse in windows 7.
Try a different USB port.

Push it in and out a few times.
As the connector could be a little corroded.

Dell double click (After a few years, its probably time for a new one).

Posted By: teacherSue Re: Mouse problems - 8th Jan 2016 5:34pm
Thanks Mark - yes I guessed that it was probably time for a new one. It's the new one that won't work - I've tried it in different USB ports with no success.
Thanks Diggingdeeper - I'm back to using the old one and will try your suggestions.
Posted By: Mark Re: Mouse problems - 8th Jan 2016 6:09pm
If on windows 7 the mouse is not working, which is very strange as you can pretty much plug anything in to win 7 and the correct drivers are downloaded and it just works.

1. Unplug the mouse, and replace with a one you know works (Mr Double clicky).
2. Visit the Device manager screen and uninstall the mouse drivers.
3. Unplug Double clicky
4. Plug in the new one.

See how you get on.
Posted By: teacherSue Re: Mouse problems - 11th Jan 2016 7:28pm
Well I gave up on the new Dell mouse which works well with my laptop, but not with the PC. Then I tried with the Logitech mouse which works with the laptop - worked but the lead was too short to be practical. Ended up buying Staples cheapest wired mouse - works perfectly.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral