Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Talk talk cheek - 13th Dec 2015 8:59pm
Talk talk have the cheek to charge me £65 for sending a bt engineer out because i phoned to say i had an internet problem and the bt engineer reported no fault on line.talk talk still not sorted out the problem of line dropping regularly. No better than virginmedia.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Talk talk cheek - 13th Dec 2015 10:13pm
I've only ever heard bad things about talktalk. I'm with plusnet and i've never had any problems. The speeds are good, i can play halo5 or ESO on Xbox Live while also streaming the football on SkyGo on my laptop and my girlfriend can stream something else at the same time and it handles it brilliantly!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Talk talk cheek - 13th Dec 2015 10:23pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Talk talk have the cheek to charge me £65 for sending a bt engineer out because i phoned to say i had an internet problem and the bt engineer reported no fault on line.talk talk still not sorted out the problem of line dropping regularly. No better than virginmedia.
What steps have you taken to take it further with them?
To tell you the truth my internet and phone has went down a few times within 2 days and it is there problem not mine.
if you are paying them on time and been a loyal customer point this out to them that this is not your fault.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Talk talk cheek - 13th Dec 2015 11:23pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Have a rant on there facebook/ twitter pages- companies do not like that. They tend to jump through hoops, then wink
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Talk talk cheek - 13th Dec 2015 11:44pm
Reported fault several months back and Talk Talk were monitoring it and occasionally tweaking settings at their end. Give them due they do ring me up to ask how things are and I tell them the usual ok for day or so then slows down drops connection many times a night. They tweak it again and its ok--they say its balancing stability of connection with speed.
have cancelled standing order --they can come cap in hand for payment.
Interestingly their voice recognition software understands "shi*te internet" as it responded "your having problems with internet--is that correct"
Posted By: snowhite Re: Talk talk cheek - 14th Dec 2015 12:03am
Demand that you are a customer and you will cancel .they will soon listen.
there internet and phone has went down 2 days now .Only for a few hours but not good if you are in work
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Talk talk cheek - 14th Dec 2015 7:55am
Cancelling standing order could be dangerous, they used to be pretty quick in handing charges over to debt collection companies whether the charges were correct or not..
Posted By: Mark Re: Talk talk cheek - 14th Dec 2015 11:19am
Ive sent you a pm fish, just want yo quiz you more about your setup etc, if open reach say no fault, maybe its local. But we still have to rule out local anyway.

ISP dont normally support work / business. I only know of BT for business, so they call most business connections domestic so there is no compensation when you loose the internet.

Posted By: Mark Re: Talk talk cheek - 14th Dec 2015 8:42pm
After a chat with Fish, we need to establish if its the router rebooting, or is it the internet connection dropping.
So we can do more after fish works out whats happening.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral