Forums
Posted By: cools Mobile phones : No Charger - 13th Dec 2015 2:51pm
Just thought I would warn people if you are buying a phone for Xmas make sure the charger comes with it. I have just paid £70 for a phone, not ultra expensive I know but enough, got it home no plug to charge it, had to pay £10 for a plug. Furious ,I think that's a ripoff and I think there will be many kids getting these on Xmas day and not be able to use them. Is this just me or has anybody else had this?
Posted By: starakita Re: Mobile phones : No Charger - 13th Dec 2015 7:09pm
I bought a phone the other week £60 but I got the charger & plug with it but it was the same make as my previous phone so the charger for that fitted anyway.
Posted By: cools Re: Mobile phones : No Charger - 13th Dec 2015 7:46pm
I know Star , every other phone I've bought and some were a lot cheaper came with charger, but no this one in tiny writing does tell you this is not provided and you have to purchase it separately . But when I say tiny I mean tiny writing. I was so cross but I do want this particular one. I bought ft prom tesco and they give you a free selfie stick as a special promotion , I did say a free plug would be more useful, as I say a ripoff!
Posted By: Mark Re: Mobile phones : No Charger - 14th Dec 2015 11:24am
Its common practice to keep the original charger as copy charges are cheaper to bundle with the phone. If it doesn't state origional charger then be aware.

Copy chargers can damage a battery over time, hence original chargers do what the manufacturers want them to do.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mobile phones : No Charger - 14th Dec 2015 5:06pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Copy chargers can damage a battery over time, hence original chargers do what the manufacturers want them to do.

Pretty unlikely these days, with lithium powered phones the charging control is usually done in the phone and/or battery not the power supply. Though obviously any charger "can" do damage, OEM or copy. Biggest problem is the the connectors are naff on cheap chargers and become intermittent.
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Mobile phones : No Charger - 14th Dec 2015 10:40pm
I recently upgraded my good ladies phone, from O2, which came without a charger. I called to complain so they sent one...but appears they don't provide one with new phones as well. Maybe now as the chargers have been standardised they don't feel the need to
© Wirral-Wikiwirral