Forums
Posted By: futurepast convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 1:12pm
Hello all,I have been sent a partly completed template for a method statement and risk assessment that I need for Friday morning and I'm struggling to open it, can anyone open it and print it out for me and maybe send it back to me as an email in doc format? I hope this makes sense as I'm just a novice, I really need the template for a new contract I've won so I don't mind paying for this service can anybody help please? thank you in advance.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 2:07pm
do it yourself--free at

www.zamzar.com. Takes couple of minutes
Posted By: futurepast Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 2:16pm
Tried it and it never came out but thanks anyway
Posted By: Blueskier Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 3:47pm
Download Openoffice then when you have opened and edited it save it as a Doc format.
Posted By: futurepast Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 5:02pm
Thank you for the advice I'll try that
Posted By: turnip Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 6:14pm
If I remember rightly the docx file is an apple version. If you want to email it over to me and I'll try and convert it. Worst case I think would be that it comes out as a pdf if that would be any use to you?
Posted By: Mark Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 30th Sep 2015 8:24pm
docx are office + 2007 file formats.
You could always ask the person whom sent you the file to use "Save As" and select from the drop list old office *.doc file

Downgrading the formate could loose some features, but normally they downgrade pretty well.

Posted By: futurepast Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 1st Oct 2015 9:37am
Thanks all for your help, Managed to sort it with open office, thanks to fish5133 and turnip for offering to convert the file for me and to blueskier for suggesting open office.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: convert a docx file to a doc file - 1st Oct 2015 5:30pm
Pleased you managed to sort it.
Great program for free, when you see what MS charge for the Office Suite.
Everytime i do a fresh install for someone, replacement hard drive etc, i always put Open Office on it.
Congratulations on your new opportunity also.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral