Forums
Posted By: venice Analogue phones - 23rd Sep 2015 2:59pm
We need a new wall mounted white corded phone. This one analogue(I presume) will do. Except - I remember something said about not being able to interact with companies that use the ....for tax press 1 , for savings press 2 accounts 3 press star if your answer is yes etc etc. Is that correct please , because nearly every flippin call is like that these days?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Analogue phones - 23rd Sep 2015 4:22pm
We have a really cheap bog standard corded one (£4 from asda) and can confirm it doesnt work with the whole 'press 1 for this, press 2 for that' nonsense.
Posted By: venice Re: Analogue phones - 23rd Sep 2015 7:02pm
Excellent to have that confirmed info , thanks j demo! Not so easy to find a bog standard wall mounted corded white one that is digital frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Analogue phones - 23rd Sep 2015 8:14pm
I'm amazed if anyone is still selling pulse phones as opposed to DTMF, all the cheapo ones I've bought have been DTMF.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Analogue phones - 24th Sep 2015 3:32pm
I believe their is a few problems with phones with Virgin and a few other companies where the phone does break dialling and not tones, see if you have a switch that allows you to use tone dialling, to get round this problem with old phones on tele lines people are using a line break converter to tone dialing, basically rotary dialing to tone dialing.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Analogue phones - 24th Sep 2015 3:35pm
I'm sure we've had a wall mounted DTMF phone that cost buttons. Just make sure it says DTMF somewhere on the box and it will work with anyone
Posted By: venice Re: Analogue phones - 24th Sep 2015 11:07pm
Thanks. So basically then, if it does tone dialling, its digital? Neither of the old touchtones weve already got have DTMF written on them anywhere, but maybe the latest ones have. Can anyone tell/or know if this one would be digital/tone dial? Its about £8 online
Posted By: venice Re: Analogue phones - 24th Sep 2015 11:19pm
Sorry, forgot the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Duet-210-Corded-Telephone-white/dp/B006O89XTQ
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Analogue phones - 27th Sep 2015 5:59pm
I think it is. The presence of the # and * keys means its a DTMF phone.

A digital phone, by the way, doesn't always mean that its a DTMF phone. I recall having a cheap digital phone that did either; you set it with a switch on the bottom to pulse or dtmf according to what the exchange could handle.

These days I think DTMF is universal though. You'd be hard put to find a pulse phone. If you get it from Amazon, you can exchange it if it doesn't work.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral