Forums
Posted By: Mike72 Laptop - 14th Apr 2015 9:05am
Hi, I have a laptop which runs very slow indeed. How much is it to get it back to basics, as if it had just come out the shop and I was using it for the first time. Just want Internet and probably the odd programme on it.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Laptop - 14th Apr 2015 9:33am
I think you may need to give more details e.g. make of laptop and version of windows it is currently using.
Posted By: Mike72 Re: Laptop - 14th Apr 2015 9:45am
It's a dell inspirion 1025 with windows vista
Posted By: lansyp Re: Laptop - 14th Apr 2015 9:57am
If you have the original disk just 're to install the system
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Laptop - 14th Apr 2015 12:08pm
Have a look in the menu as there may also be an option to do system recovery from windows itself.
It will be called Dell restore (or something like that) and it will give you the option to restore to 'factory' which basically means as it was condition when it left the shop.
You will then have to reinstall all the direct x and windows updates but that usually runs in the background.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Laptop - 14th Apr 2015 2:08pm
Hi Mike, with a lot of Dell on boot up you hold down ctrl and F11 keys at the same time and you will enter the Dell Recovery Restore Utility. I hope this works for you, if it does follow the prompts for a system restore. Back up any files you want to keep onto a flash drive etc as you are likely to lose all data. Good luck, it will save you money.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral