Forums
Posted By: GeeMeister Wireless access to TV as a monitor - 14th Mar 2015 2:53am
Hello all, I currently use my TV as a monitor connected by an HDMI cable. I intend to wall mount the TV and would like to access it wirelessly and was wondering if any members have previously done this and would advise the use of any particular piece of kit. My PC is also used for gaming so would like something capable of high resolution if possible. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Wireless access to TV as a monitor - 14th Mar 2015 7:52am
I have mine connected via a wireless dongle stuck in the HDMI slot as it is a Sony tv I had order a Sony one price about £70.
I got it via Amazon a couple of years ago.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Wireless access to TV as a monitor - 15th Mar 2015 12:37am
Hi and thanks...do you happen to have a model number or such like so i could take a look? Oh, by the way, the chairs have come up great - thanks
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wireless access to TV as a monitor - 15th Mar 2015 1:31am
You can get hdmi dongles for the TV dead cheap, the problem is sending the media over the wireless network from the PC without any noticeable latency.

Some graphic processors support it but not many.

There are boxes to transmit the hdmi but the cheap ones have quite a bit of latency.

Sometimes wires are best until technology catches up (you ever used a wireless mouse - I can't stand them).
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Wireless access to TV as a monitor - 15th Mar 2015 6:20am
Thanks for the input DD, latency is my major concern. I was hoping for some sort of radio frequency device rather than wifi via the home network to reduce the probability.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral