Forums
Posted By: venice Ebay -again - 27th Feb 2015 10:40am
Only just started selling on Ebay , and hadnt noticed this before -- where does it tell you which starting times are cheaper or dearer?

"Disclaimer: Fees are estimates only. Actual fees may vary due to special offers and listing start times. If your item sells, you'll be charged a final value fee based on the total cost to the buyer, including postage, packaging and any other related costs."
Posted By: Norton Re: Ebay -again - 27th Feb 2015 1:41pm
Usually about one weekend a month do they give members short notice of reduced listing fees. Not sure about final fees. You can check in notices.

Don't forget the PayPal charges to add on.
Posted By: Lynda Re: Ebay -again - 27th Feb 2015 2:34pm
they only charge you for start fees if you specify a time for it to start. otherwise the listing will start straight away.....thats the way Ive always taken it to be at least
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Ebay -again - 27th Feb 2015 4:48pm
http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/introduction-ebay-fees

Fees
Listing fee dependant on starting price and category (cars different)

You can schedule your item to start on a particular day if you don't want to start it straight away.(wasn't sure they charged a fee for that) Looks like first 20 a month free then 0.06p

Optional fees--like buy it now .

You also have to pay final value fee (usually 10%) (what it sells for including the value you have for P+P)

Paypal will also charge you a fee for receiving money a small percent plus a fixed amount. (check their fee list)

Best postal options ive found locally is My Hermes but Royal Mail had an offer on for items up to 1 or 2kg. Also bear in mind the value of what you are selling and maybe the need to include postal insurance in your P+P . Good pair of kitchen scales to weigh your item with the packaging to work out postage. Bit of a nightmare with royal mail and package sizes. Always ask for a certificate of posting if you use Post Office (doesn't cost anything but it will give you a receipt with post code delivered to.
good luck
Posted By: venice Re: Ebay -again - 27th Feb 2015 6:41pm
Thanks all.

re the below

quote fish "You can schedule your item to start on a particular day if you don't want to start it straight away.(wasn't sure they charged a fee for that) Looks like first 20 a month free then 0.06p"

do they only start charging .06p per ad for stating at a set time AFTER your free 20, or dyou get the basic 20 free but even that 20 get charged the .06p if you use set timing?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Ebay -again - 27th Feb 2015 9:52pm
Hi Venice. The exact wording

Scheduler
Choose when listings go live

Free for 20 listings per month (excluding Motors
and Classified Ads). After that, they're £0.06 each.

I read that as the first 20 are always free and its only the ones listed after that will be charged at 6p.

Either way 6p is not worth worrying about. Include it in your P+P charge. I find out what its going to cost me to post then add a small bit to cover packing (parcel tape etc) then even add 10% to cover what ebay will charge you. As long as bidders know what they have to pay its up to them to calculate how much they want to bid.
Posted By: venice Re: Ebay -again - 1st Mar 2015 2:23pm
Thanks fish . That reads like that to me too. I know the amount isnt much, I just feel better when I think I know exactly whats what.
With choosing time so cheap, and the internet full of Sundays being the most profitable time to sell , and other days being variously less worthwhile, its surprising that everyone doesnt choose Sunday.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral