Forums
Posted By: Mark Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 10:01am
Windows 10 Will Be Free ** If your Upgrading from Windows 7 or 8 it will be free to upgrade for the first year.

But be aware good practice says new OS new install.
An upgrade will save you money but don't always assume it will be a smooth transition.

You may want to consider a factory reset before you upgrade to 10, to give your operating system the best chance.

O yeah you can have the free upgrade in the first year only.

Its not due for release until the summer.

Read all about Windows 10 Click Me

jury is out im happy with windows 7

* Upgrade (Polls can not be edited).
Posted By: DavidB Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 10:13am
Windows 7 is fine, have used it for the past three years with the 'this is not genuine' nag screen. Windows 8 was terrible, if it's anything like that, I'll give it a miss.
Posted By: Mark Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 11:21am
Your not loosing the plot there is no Windows 9 so that will be a good quiz question in time to come lol
Posted By: rocks Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 4:55pm
im happy with windows 8.1, im still learning with it on my lappy but iv just bought a windows phone and its the easiest phone iv ever had!
Posted By: Mark Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 5:19pm
Windows 10 is cross platform, so your phone and laptop should behave and sync together like Google does.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 9:27pm
I had to upgrade from 7 because I needed a new laptop but now I've configured 8 to look and work like 7. I got the 8.1 pro version free when 8 first come out. Thank god for classic shell. The newer laptops come with a third party start menu but it's woeful.

If 10 is available as a free upgrade will my software still be there such as my full office suite. Even that has gone wayward office 10 is still the best yet.

The jury is still out..
Posted By: Mark Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 28th Jan 2015 10:07pm
You would like to think so.
Wait for feedback I say.

If your happy with your set up stay with it. Im not seeing any show stopping reason to upgrade unless you have an x box phone tablet and pc.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Windows 10 Will Be Free ** - 30th Jan 2015 3:38am
Windows 10 is being given away for free because Micro$oft are desperate to regain market share following the abortion that is Win8.

What they aren't telling you is that Win10 will eventually adopt the Office 365 model - i.e. it'll become pay-as-you-go rentware, where you have to pay a regular fee if you want to continue using the software. At the moment, of course, with earlier versions of Windows you pay once for the licence to install and use the software and that's it.

This underhand move is THE main reason to avoid Win10 like the plague. Don't follow the sheeple - stick with Win7, or better still, install Linux.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral