Forums
Posted By: Snodvan iPOD help - 27th Jan 2015 3:05pm
My son gave me an iPod Series 3 32GB iPod model A1318.
It has a problem - or more likely, I have a problem not being very bright about techy things and having no previous knowledge of Apple hardware.

The device was working fine for some months, suffering only from fairly poor battery life - but I can live with that. It was set up to receive Hotmail and I had some music on the thing.

I have been away for a while and obviously the battery went flat so I charged it up ....... but

All it now shows when I switch on is an
Apple symbol, followed fairly soon by a screen dislpay that obviously wants me to somehow "link" the device to ITunes.
(see pic)

I do have iTunes on the laptop but frankly I have little idea how to use it, although I must have done at some time in the past because the music titles displayed are "my" sort of music.

Can anyone help with advice how to "reset" the iPod?
Must be possible. The advice on the web is to hold down the on/off button and the selection button together until an Apple logo apprears.

Done that many times - but the device simply goes back to indicating a need to connect to itunes

Frustrated
Snod

Attached picture EPSON115.JPG
Posted By: Snodvan Re: iPOD help - 27th Jan 2015 8:53pm
Anyone any ideas? or is it (another) trip to TheDoctor?

Snod
Posted By: j_demo Re: iPOD help - 27th Jan 2015 8:56pm
plug it in and leave it for a bit and lee what happens? my ipod touch 3rd gen sometimes takes a while for my computer to recognise it.
Posted By: Mark Re: iPOD help - 27th Jan 2015 9:00pm
Reset your Ipod

http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT1320

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch not recognized in iTunes for Windows
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS1538

I don't use apple but its what i could find at a glance.

[youtube]otqXDh1UJtU[/youtube]

[youtube]VYdpWVDAs_w[/youtube]
Posted By: Snodvan Re: iPOD help - 27th Jan 2015 9:57pm
Mark

Good lad. Seems to have worked ie has reset the iPod
Have a lollipop !

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral