Forums
Posted By: Giggler What is an S T B ? - 1st Jan 2015 9:58pm
Hey you good good people of The Wirral. (Yes I want something) I`ve got a Humax freesat recorder box. I get BBC and ITV on demand. But I can`t get 4oD. I Googled it (before bothering you) and a forum came up saying I need an S T B. I`m completely lost. I missed the last episode of Homeland. Don`t groan!!
Posted By: sonylegs Re: What is an S T B ? - 1st Jan 2015 10:10pm
set-top box
Posted By: Giggler Re: What is an S T B ? - 1st Jan 2015 10:12pm
Hahahahahaha I`ve really shown myself up this time! DURR.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 12:07pm
Hi, I was wondering what an STB was but now I know. I too get Freesat Tv with a Humax STB although mine does not record programmes. I just checked in the On Demand section` of my TV guide and 4 Od is not on the list obtainable, just BBC and ITV. If I watch 4 Od I do it on my computer. smile Happy New Year to all the Wiki Wirral people smile
Posted By: Giggler Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 12:10pm
Hi goodoldphil. I wanted to watch it on my laptop but it won`t let me cos the adblocker is on and I don`t know how to turn it off!!
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 12:25pm
Hi Giggler,I maybe able to help,What adblocker are you using also what browser do you have it on?
Posted By: Giggler Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 12:39pm
Ok I only pretend to know what I`m doing. No idea what adblocker. It never used to be there. Since I took it to WCS, Seacombe end of Poulton Road. He added things, took things off and lost all my photos. I`m using Google chrome on windows 7. Does that help??
Posted By: Giggler Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 12:44pm
Think I maybe able to watch it through internet explorer.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 1:29pm
Ok .. just a few clicks, as follows

1) Click,customize and control Chrome, "top right, "little square symbol with three lines,

2) More tools

3) Extensions "its on the submenu to the right,

Finally Untick the box to disable Adblock or what ever yours maybe called,Thats it all done, hope that helps you out.
Posted By: Giggler Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 2:06pm
Thanks Vanmanone.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: What is an S T B ? - 2nd Jan 2015 2:34pm
Your Welcome.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral