Forums
Posted By: HevaNeva09 Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 8:36am
im not sure if anyone can help without looking at the printer but everytime i try and print anything it all just comes out red .. ive changed the inks on multiple occasions and it jus says it wont recognise the black ink. i was jus wondering if anyone knew how to reset the printer maybe or if there was any other tricks to fix it. Or if its best jus to buy a new one but this one is fairly new and hardly used. Thanks
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 9:03am
Hi. A friend gave me an Epson WF2540 as he said he couldn't get it to work. One problem was that he had put 2 wrong ink genuine Epson cartridges in (Black and Blue 18) instead of a Black and Blue 16. Stopped getting the Doesn't Recognise ink message and it started to print out reasonably ok. Just check you have right cartridges in and installed correctly. Also ask printer to do a printhead clean
Posted By: davew3 Re: Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 9:30am
Sometimes ink dries up, if the printer hasn't been used for a while, make sure you only have the Epson printer drivers in and not the full software unless you have the genuine correct ink cartridges fitted, the chip on the cartridge throws a wobbly if it's not fitted in the correct printer, as with what fish5133 says
Posted By: Habdab Re: Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 9:55am
If you can't get it going, give this guy a ring 01516431414

He has a shop near the Kings Arms Old Chester Road Bebington.
I had the same problem on my Epson
Posted By: venice Re: Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 1:12pm
I too had this sort of problem a while ago . I spent ages messing with it , changing cartridges etc but printer refused to acknowledge the black ink . Did several head cleans , manually dropped peroxide over the jet to soak and gently wiped off to see if helped but nothing worked.

A friend advised it was probably the jets blocked through lack of regular use , and that repair would be getting on as costly as a new printer.

If yours is a newish one (mine wasnt) it might be worth it for you to get it fixed , but if you find its borderline cost effective and if you're going to continue to only use a printer infrequently , you might want to think about buying a laser printer. I dont need to use colour, so I bought a black and white one ---thanks to the helpful suggestions from others on here (thanks guys)that laser may be a good idea for my style of usage. Have to say Ive been delighted , and no longer worry about large gaps between uses. Good luck.
Posted By: HevaNeva09 Re: Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 1:47pm
thankyouu soo much to everyone who has given me suggestions i will try those and if it doesnt work i will ring that number and failing that i will just buy a new one !! haha ! :-) i really appreciate all the help though :-) thankyou x
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Epson Printer Problems - 16th Oct 2014 2:48pm
Last week i bought a Dell LED printer, colour, wireless for the same reason.
Hardly used it and forever having problems with poor quality or no text.

Really pleased so far.

£80 on ebuyer with excellent reviews.

Personally i would not spend good money on repair.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral