Forums
Posted By: johncon Asus Laptop - 12th Oct 2014 10:51am
Hi I have a Asus x551m laptop it is less than 2 months old but unfortunately the dog has knocked a glass of wine over it. I know the screen is scrap as no display whatsoever . I have removed the keyboard and there does not seem to be any damage under it . but is there any way it can be checked for other damage before i spend out for a new screen !
Posted By: lansyp Re: Asus Laptop - 12th Oct 2014 10:58am
Plug it in to an external monitor and it should give you some idea .you could try cleaning the motherboard before shelling out any money
Posted By: johncon Re: Asus Laptop - 12th Oct 2014 11:16am
Had not thought of that one ! I have bought a new laptop now . have just got an hdmi lead and plugged it in to the television and all seems fine . who can fit a new screen to it for me ?
Posted By: little_pob Re: Asus Laptop - 12th Oct 2014 1:55pm
I think Mark is into PC and laptop repairs?

But you are still going to want to strip to clean the mainboard. Not only will the sticky residue attract dust, it can also cause corrosion to exposed circuitry (e.g. solder points).
Posted By: lansyp Re: Asus Laptop - 12th Oct 2014 6:21pm
Yi would clean as much as poss you may even get your screen working again.
Posted By: johncon Re: Asus Laptop - 12th Oct 2014 7:09pm
No Screen is well shot I have stripped it and could replace it myself if i could work out how the connector works
Originally Posted by lansyp
Yi would clean as much as poss you may even get your screen working again.
Posted By: Pete_M Re: Asus Laptop - 13th Oct 2014 11:12am
Straight forward fix johncon, have a look at http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/X551M/

© Wirral-Wikiwirral