Forums
Posted By: valli T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 26th Jul 2014 11:35pm
We have Virgin media as our service provider for TV PHONE AND BROADBAND.COST £108 PER MONTH.Looking to trim costs .We only watch BBC 1 and 2, ITV ,CH4, CH5, ITV 2, BT SPORTS, ALL THE SKY SPORTS CHANNELS my husband loves Football we hardly use landline but want to keep a landline .USE Broadband for email facebook wikiwirral.What is the best alternative or is Virgin media the best provider
Posted By: rover644 Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 27th Jul 2014 4:50am
Its a minefield. I have Virgin and its all about the package price, so if i try to drop say my landline. the price of the broadband and tv will go up. Looking at you monthly cost if you really want to trim it down all i can suggest is get rid of the sports. Speak to virgin and tell them your struggling, sometimes they are quite helpful unfortunately sometimes they're not.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 27th Jul 2014 8:59am
I've been thinking of trying to rid of the phone part ( which has free? general freeview tv progs on)- no packages
Now watch football by internet and bought a NOW tv box for watching various sky entertainment (£35 with 6 months free viewing then £5? a month) I only watch the odd BBC,ITV etc now and againPhone wise I use vonage connected through the router £10 a month all local calls free or on O2 by mobilea packagethat top up £10 a month with local calls from my address free and still are in credit for my £10 - I often have £50/60 availale for other calls
Posted By: Satforce Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 28th Jul 2014 1:35am
if you go to sky as a new customer they will give you half price phone broadband for 12 months
Posted By: valli Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 2nd Aug 2014 7:40pm
Thanks for all the replies will look at all the options.x
Posted By: dva99999 Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 3rd Aug 2014 1:30am
Before you try anyone else, try this little tip. Three weeks ago I was paying Virgin Media £65 for 60mb broadband, XL TV and medium use phone I,e free evening and weekends only. I phoned to complain about an issue with my TV which they sorted out, then enquired about the planned upgrade to 100mb Broadband speeds which is due. The man (bear in mind this is an Asian call centre) looked at the planned upgrade and said it would be happening in September. He then looked at my overall package.......by the the end of the call I had an upgrade to 152mb broadband speed plus an upgraded router for £10 less until September when it will revert back to the £65 per month deal. This is because I'm a valued customer. It pays to talk to someone at Virgin as this is not the first time I've been left happily speechless.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: dva99999 Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 3rd Aug 2014 1:37am
Last season I got Sky Sports 1HD for £17 per month, but for the broadband speed I may plan on getting a Now TV box and use that for streaming...just a thought.
Posted By: bigpete Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 24th Aug 2014 12:28pm
You only get a good SKY deal as a newbie - they will shaft you to b*ggery and back next year and even more the years after - my £32 SkyHD package got in 2010 - is now a horrifying £60 in 2014 - no phone no broadband....
Posted By: valli Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 27th Aug 2014 12:08am
Hi all managed to get Virginmedia to decrease my monthly bill by 20 pounds per month I dropped the movie channel as we never watch it.Thanks again for all the replies.x
Posted By: kensden Re: T V PACKAGES Can anyone advise please - 27th Aug 2014 9:43am
the cheapest i have found is free lol if u have a andriod phone download show box from google and buy a lead for 3.95 hdmi and u get loads off channels free n and app called watch live tv online from play store i dont know if this is any good for u thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral