Forums
Posted By: Vhoed Blocked inkjet printer - 2nd Jul 2014 2:39pm
Does anybody know of decent shop where they will clear a blockage in an Epson Stylus Photo PX710W inkjet printer.
Thanks.
Posted By: Mark Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 2nd Jul 2014 2:50pm
Take the cartridge out. Look at the copper plate where the ink comes from. Use a cotton bud and warm water and you may get it going again.

Or just buy a new cartridge smile

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 2nd Jul 2014 3:34pm
Fleabay has a kit for this; it uses ammonia to dissolve the blockage(s) just flush it through.
Posted By: Vhoed Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 3rd Jul 2014 8:36am
Thanks guys, was really looking for a shop to do it. Can't clean the copper bit as its like a mini CISS system with flexible tube running from the ink cartridge to the printer head (have tried putting in a new cartridge). Have also tried one of those kits on another printer without much success.May have to try one again if I can't find anywhere to fix it.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 3rd Jul 2014 10:53am
CCR Computers
173 Old Chester Rd
Bebington
Wirral CH63 8NE

0151 643 1414
Posted By: Vhoed Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 4th Jul 2014 10:19am
Thanks Habdab will give them a try.
Posted By: venice Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 16th Jul 2014 9:59pm
Ive got problems with just the black ink suddenly deciding it wont print . Tried several nozzle cleans to no avail. The few techie people Ive asked say it will be cheaper to buy a new one than pay to have the problem sorted out. Mind you its an old Epson not a super dupa new singing and dancing one. Not having amonnia to hand ,Ill give the warm water a go before scrapping it.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 16th Jul 2014 10:07pm
I have an Epson 760 Stylus printer and now and then from lack of use it blocks up. I use the utility to clean the heads and waste the ink. Most times it works, but sometimes when I change the ink cartridge , do a clean head once and all is working again. Best printer I ever bought and inks are dirt cheap.
Posted By: venice Re: Blocked inkjet printer - 18th Jul 2014 1:09pm
I know, I liked my Epson C64 Stylus too , the inks are 2 a penny on Ebay because its so old. Really sad to lose it , but it didnt respond to being bathed with a cotton bud.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral