Forums
Posted By: Patchthedog My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 24th May 2014 9:51pm
It's dead except for a small green Led on the motherboard,I don't hear anything,any ideas?PC World or local independent repair?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 24th May 2014 10:08pm
Pm TheDr on here or call him/call in

BigaByte.
332-336 Old Chester Rd,
Rock Ferry.
CH42 3XE.
0151 644 0880
open 10-6 Mon-Sat
Posted By: Mark Re: My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 25th May 2014 7:10am
What age is the Pc ?
Posted By: lansyp Re: My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 25th May 2014 7:34am
it could be the power pack easy to replace ,could be the motherboard would be an easy fix in most cases just borrow a power pack and check that first
If it's not the power supply, check the connections from the power switch to the motherboard.

I agree with above though, I would believe it's a PSU issue.
Posted By: Patchthedog Re: My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 25th May 2014 12:05pm
Just connected very old psu to the motherboard,power came on I.e all fans etc came on,need new PSU as old one hasn't all the connectors for hdd etc
Posted By: lansyp Re: My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 25th May 2014 1:28pm
take your broken one with you to where ever you go so they can match it ,try the dr on here he may have some second hand ones cheap
Posted By: TheDr Re: My desktop PC is dead,no fans,no noise etc - 25th May 2014 2:03pm
Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

What wattage is the PSU you need, and how many connections do you need on it ?

I might have some old ones depending on what you want, although new ones aren't too dear.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral