Forums
I have a Medion desktop PC that has always been quite reliable and run well. Yesterday I was using it but had to go out so I put the PC into sleep mode. On my return I attempted to wake it up by wiggling the mouse and using the keyboard all to no avail! After a while of fruitless fiddling around I decided to shut the thing down and rehboot it. This proved to be a bad idea as it refuses to start up at all now. When I press the start button the fan starts up and Whirrs away but it does not boot up and I am left with a blank screen.
Has any one got the solution to this problem - I have started it up loads of times but always with the same result - I would welcome any suggestions (sensible ones I hope) that may help me get going again.
Are you not even getting a BIOS information screen before it boots into Windows?
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/tp/computer-wont-turn-on.htm
Hi that could be a graphics chip failure, locate the chip on the mobo, get a hair dryer and apply heat for about 2 mins and then try to start it up, that sometimes brings them back to life.
Is the power charging before booting again?
Watch your hard drive light see if it flashes showing activity.

If it does then it could be your monitor.

Try a different monitor or put your monitor into another pc.

Just working out the cheapest fixes you can try yourself.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post - just came in and tried to boot the machine up with no success, so I switched it off and followed the link supplied by Eggandchips on my tablet and while I was reading the info on there switched the computer off at the mains. After a while I switched it on again and lo and behold it booted up successfully - so thanks again for your interest guys smile smile
Sometimes you need to unplug the IEC 3pin power lead from the back of the PC for 5mins or more, you can get a power surge like the other day with the lightning, that kicks in a safety thyristor and won't let you switch it back on.
Your post would have been the answer to my dilemma had I not switched off my computer at the main, the result was the same even though I did it by accident, just happy I'm up and running again. Thanks for taking an interest in my problem happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral