Forums
Posted By: TudorBlue Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 2:01pm
Ive been given a Packard Bell LJ61 which has a 250gb hard drive. The machine has vista installed. I should imagine the machine has a recovery partition.I want to restore it to factory settings but dont know how. From the info I have found on the internet, I can change the boot options and I have tried to change the boot to thje dvd/cd drive, however, when the machine boots up, it boots into windows. Any help with this will be be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Posted By: movingtables Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 2:45pm
Originally Posted by TudorBlue
Ive been given a Packard Bell LJ61 which has a 250gb hard drive. The machine has vista installed. I should imagine the machine has a recovery partition.I want to restore it to factory settings but dont know how. From the info I have found on the internet, I can change the boot options and I have tried to change the boot to thje dvd/cd drive, however, when the machine boots up, it boots into windows. Any help with this will be be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

I think they want to charge you £15.95 for the restore disc buddy. theres probably an option somewhere to make your own (if the original owner already hasnt).. be in a packard bell programe on your computer.. failing that pay and download the recovery disc here: http://factoryreset.co.uk/dl/easyno...ard-bellEASYNOTE-LJ61winvistarecoveryiso
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 3:14pm
Originally Posted by movingtables
Originally Posted by TudorBlue

I think they want to charge you £15.95 for the restore disc buddy. theres probably an option somewhere to make your own (if the original owner already hasnt).. be in a packard bell programe on your computer.. failing that pay and download the recovery disc here: http://factoryreset.co.uk/dl/easyno...ard-bellEASYNOTE-LJ61winvistarecoveryiso

Ive got a back up disc, just dont know how start the procesess. As I mentioned. I tried the boot menu but what I have noticed is when I select the drive and click enter, nothing happens. I press f10 to save the setting but ut does not change and still boots from the hard drive! Help
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 4:39pm
are you saving changes as you reboot
Posted By: TheEpicSponge Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 5:55pm
Some Packard Bells either use Alt + F10 or just F11 when you first see the BIOS screen.

If that doesn't work, try F8 and then "Repair My Computer"
From there, the last option should be an image recovery of sort.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 7:35pm
Put another cd/dvd in after booting to make sure the dvd player works ok
Then try selecting the boot order in the bios itself
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 7:46pm
What I doing is pressing F2 on the packard bell spash screen when the lappy is switched on, this takes me into the bios menu where I change the boot to cd/dvd drive. I can highlight the cd drive but when I highlight, nothing happens if I hit enter, I can only press f10 to save and exit. Then when the lappy reboots, it boots up as normal then when I restart abd presa f2 the boot options are bk to default. Doing my bloody head in. I have got a spare 500gb hdd I want to use as the hdd atm is inly 250gb
Posted By: TudorBlue Re: Packard Bell LJ61 Laptop - 15th May 2014 11:21pm
Sorted it. I hadnt configured the boot options properly in bios.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral