Forums
Posted By: ManxCat Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 6th May 2014 4:30pm
Microsoft has confirmed that an updated version of the start menu will be returning to Windows 8.

They have also announced that from May, Windows 8.1 Update 1 will be a prerequisite for future Windows updates.

This will bring back all the things we know and need in a desktop operating system.

Windows 9 is set to be rolled out Autumn 2015.

Posted By: peodude Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 6th May 2014 4:52pm
Windows 8 has already had a Start menu for a while now.
Posted By: movingtables Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 6th May 2014 4:58pm
Originally Posted by peodude

not in the same fashion as windows 7/vista etc.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 6th May 2014 5:10pm
Originally Posted by peodude

There are third party download skins which will give you a start menu but Microsoft are releasing the official one which looks good and works well.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 6th May 2014 6:05pm
Bought two of Windows 8 Professional when they were selling them cheap @£50 a go, the price has now doubled because they have gone up to 8.1, apart from the arrogant stupidity of Microsoft, windows 8.1 is not a problem apart from more mouse presses to get to a windows 7 style interface.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 6th May 2014 9:25pm
I use the free Classic Shell, take a look.
http://www.classicshell.net/
Posted By: MikeT Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 7th May 2014 4:01am
Originally Posted by ManxCat
Microsoft has confirmed that an updated version of the start menu will be returning to Windows 8.

Lipstick on a pig.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 8th May 2014 1:53pm
Microsoft are to release update 2 in late summer which will include all the missing parts of windows we all know and need. This update will include the long awaited return of the official start menu..
Posted By: Madge Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 8th May 2014 3:01pm
oh good i will upgrade to 8 then, i have stayed away from it although i can upgrade now,
Posted By: MikeT Re: Windows 8.1 Update 1 - 9th May 2014 9:59am
Originally Posted by ManxCat
Microsoft are to release update 2 in late summer which will include all the missing parts of windows we all know and need. This update will include the long awaited return of the official start menu..

Lipstick and nail polish.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral