Forums
Posted By: Colt743 TV help please - 25th Feb 2014 11:19am
Morning all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me

I have a Sony Bravia (not sure of model will check after work) And I am having a little issue...

When I try to play my xbox one on 1080p it displays and plays fine, but every now and then (it ranges from once an hour to 4 times in 15 minutes) The screen will go black for a second
or two, as if it has lost signal and then comes back on.

I have tried all of the HDMI ports and the same thing on the tv happens. This also used to happen if i streamed from my
laptop to the tv using any one of the HDMI ports.

The tv displays my xbox 360, playstation 3 and the tivo box without the issue above

Im not sure if the TV has a problem with 1080p resolution as I'm not sure if those devices are running 1080p Native. The tivo box might be set to 1080i, I'm Not sure.

I think the tv is about 3 - 4 years old

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

(sorry for the wall of text)
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: TV help please - 25th Feb 2014 1:49pm
Do you lose sound too?
Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
Have you tried running the xbone in a lower resolution?
Have you tried to change any other display settings on the xbone?
Is the 360 set to run at 1080p?
Is the PS3 set to run at 1080p?
Does the xbone work fine on another TV at 1080p?
Do you use any equipment in between? i.e. a switcher/AV receiver/etc?
Posted By: Mark Re: TV help please - 25th Feb 2014 1:57pm
Have you tried the same set up on a different 1080p TV.

Were trying to pin it down to the device or cable. As it could be anything and everything.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: TV help please - 25th Feb 2014 3:41pm
hi colt it a common problem with the sony bravia here's a link to others like you link if you google xboxone black screen flash

ps don't get confused with the black screen of death on the xbox one which can be fixed by pressing the power button for 8 seconds to reset xbox one video wink
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: TV help please - 25th Feb 2014 3:48pm
help page link sorry was to late to put in me last post
Posted By: Colt743 Re: TV help please - 25th Feb 2014 7:39pm
Thank you all for the replies, its a bummer to see that it may be a common fault I have to put up with if i want to game at 1080p on the bravia.

I have only tried one HDMI cable so far (the one that came with the xbox one) As with it being a new cable i thought it may of been ok but i have tried it in all ports.

I have a little 27" samsung that is only about 3 months old, i will try the bone in that and report back!

Thanks again
Posted By: rover644 Re: TV help please - 26th Feb 2014 11:14am
My tv (Sanyo) does this when plugged into the TiVo via hdmi . Seems to do it more when watching the footy. Searched high and low for a soloution with no luck. I had to go back to scart. Boooooo
© Wirral-Wikiwirral