Forums
Posted By: brittone05 Mobile phone help - 17th Feb 2014 9:05pm
Apologies if this is a repeat post - my phone crashed while posting last attempt.

I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 610 on Tesco network but want it on 02 or Giff Gaff. Tesco tech help say it could take up to 60 days for them to do it and, as I live in rural Norfolk now, there are very few independant phone shops within 40 miles frown

Can anyone help at all? The only one on eBay is 30 pound and doesn't list Tesco and another listing says Tesco Ireland only?

Thanks in advance xxx
Posted By: Mark Re: Mobile phone help - 17th Feb 2014 11:00pm
From personal experience I dont trust much that the sales people tell you in the phone shops.

I bought my phone after being told that after 2wks I could get it unlocked. Waited 2 wks only to be told that its 12months and 9 if your lucky.

My advice would be to ring up and ask the question to tescos helpline.

And your probably best buying a cheap phone and put your giffgaff sim in it while you wait.

Unlocking can be a nightmare.

Sorry im not much help but a heads up if anything.
Posted By: alann Re: Mobile phone help - 17th Feb 2014 11:56pm
It should work on O2, or giffgaff, as they both use the O2 network...
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Mobile phone help - 18th Feb 2014 12:03am
Even though Tesco, giffgaff and O2 all use the same network. Tesco phones will not work on the O2 or giffgaff network unless they are unlocked

It seems that Tesco "double lock" thier phones to thier own network

This question has been asked many times on the giffgaff forums
Posted By: alann Re: Mobile phone help - 18th Feb 2014 1:23am
thanks tony,i stand corrected....
Posted By: brittone05 Re: Mobile phone help - 18th Feb 2014 9:05am
Thanks guys. I spoke to Tesco who advised "up to 60 days".

Think I may have to find a little phone shop and make the journey. I have my blackberry for the time being but it is a pain as am paying twice for internet etc on it. Can't wait to go back to a normal phone xx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral