Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 16th Feb 2014 4:43pm
I know wet phones have been discussed before, but does anyone have any ideas to save a phone. It has been put in a revive pack but still not working. Thanks
Posted By: Mark Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 16th Feb 2014 7:42pm
The power being on at the time is the problem, it has the potential to fry a few circuits.

Try a similar battery incase that one is shorted out and is no longer providing power.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 16th Feb 2014 8:29pm
Thanks Mark.Will pass info onto my daughter. Must admit battery never crossed our minds.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 17th Feb 2014 8:20am
in the last year my phone has been in the toilet, in my pocket in a canal when my youngest daughter fell in and I had to jump in and also been in the washing machine. each time I left it on a radiator for a week to dry out before turning it on and its still working. as said above, when you turn it on wet it will fry the circuits. phone is still ok now.
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 17th Feb 2014 8:49am
remove the battery .put the phone in a bag with some rice for a week . try to power on after that
Posted By: beanie65 Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 17th Feb 2014 3:34pm
Sorry to say but if the phone was switched on at the time the damage to the circuits will have already happened, not many modern smart phones survive a dunking.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 17th Feb 2014 6:26pm
The Gadget show on how to dry out electrical goods..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs6x4BOHNBM
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 17th Feb 2014 7:17pm
Originally Posted by stumpyduck
remove the battery .put the phone in a bag with some rice for a week . try to power on after that

there's always someone who comes up with rice laugh
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Toddler throws Smart phone into toilet - 17th Feb 2014 7:25pm
Must be a "Pudding"
© Wirral-Wikiwirral