Forums
Posted By: vampy1977 iPhone lock button stuck - 30th Jan 2014 5:14pm
Hi,
I have an Apple iPhone 4 and just recently the lock button (the button on the top) has become stuck and difficult to press.
I have tried blowing some compressed air into it to see if that will improve it but hasn't made any difference.
Is this an easy fix? Can anyone recommend someone who can repair it?
Many thanks

vampy1977
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 30th Jan 2014 5:26pm
to replace the on/off button if that's the one you mean.

Might be a bit cheaper if some parts can be reused.
Posted By: vampy1977 Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 30th Jan 2014 6:26pm
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's the on/off button on the top edge of the phone by the headphone socket. Is it a part that you carry or does it need ordering in? Can you do the repair whilst I wait?
Posted By: macvibe77 Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 30th Jan 2014 7:48pm
Mine stopped working, fixed it by using a piece of folded paper. Removed the back of phone and put folded piece of paper underneath button. Phone works as normal now
Posted By: Ocanisak Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 30th Jan 2014 9:06pm
got mine done in cex bhead took half hour for £20
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 30th Jan 2014 10:09pm
Originally Posted by Ocanisak
got mine done in cex bhead took half hour for £20

If it's just stuck, or slipped off the clip, it'd be less than that.

Posted By: markeee Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 31st Jan 2014 9:23am
I know a lad in Wallasey that can help £25
Posted By: Kev30x Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 31st Jan 2014 11:42am
Vampy, I can vouch for TheDr, he has done jobs for me where he hasn't charged me anything because the job was a straight forward 5 minute job for him. He could of easily put a service charge on top and even lied like a lot would and said it was this and that to push the cost up, but he is honest as they come,and you probably know him just as much as I do, so I'm not talking mates rates here, etc.

I recommend him.

Kev
Posted By: s7uajones Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 31st Jan 2014 12:03pm
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 31st Jan 2014 8:30pm
Originally Posted by Kev30x
Vampy, I can vouch for TheDr, he has done jobs for me where he hasn't charged me anything because the job was a straight forward 5 minute job for him. He could of easily put a service charge on top and even lied like a lot would and said it was this and that to push the cost up, but he is honest as they come,and you probably know him just as much as I do, so I'm not talking mates rates here, etc.

I recommend him.

Kev

Thanks for that, always nice to hear :-D

It has now been done, and although I can't mention prices, it did need a part, but it was a lot less than I estimated it could have been, so everybody is happy :-)
Posted By: Kev30x Re: iPhone lock button stuck - 1st Feb 2014 12:35am
Great stuff Doc mate, another happy customer, I'm sure. thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral