Forums
Posted By: angelina sim contacts to iphone - 16th Dec 2013 9:35pm
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to get my contacts from my old sim in my sony experia into my iphone 4s?
Thanks in advance seeyu seeyu
Posted By: Willo_ Re: sim contacts to iphone - 17th Dec 2013 9:14am
Clicky
Posted By: j_demo Re: sim contacts to iphone - 18th Dec 2013 5:50am
Originally Posted by Willo_

what this neglects to mention is that in order to do this, your old sim needs to be a micro/nano sim...

if your old sim isn't a micro or nano one, then DON'T FORCE it in, you will break the sim and the phone and that'll be costly

your best bet, honestly, is the age old paper and pen method of copying them over one at a time. either write them onto a piece of paper and then copy them to your iphone or just type them straight to your phone (i prefer the paper method as if you get distracted you can tick off where you're up to and just carry on but different strokes for different folks)
Posted By: s7uajones Re: sim contacts to iphone - 18th Dec 2013 8:40am
Blue tooth works for me
Posted By: Gibbo Re: sim contacts to iphone - 18th Dec 2013 11:21am
I just export all contacts to a VCF file, then move that file to the new phone by one of a variety of ways and import.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: sim contacts to iphone - 18th Dec 2013 11:25am
I can't recommend this from personal experience as I've never used one, but it seems to do the job.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sim-reader-and-writer-a67gg

There are probably cheaper versions of it around if you look on Google, but I guess you can get it from Maplin quicker.
Posted By: angelina Re: sim contacts to iphone - 18th Dec 2013 10:54pm
Thanks guys.....firstly yes sims not compatable.....thanks anyway Willo! Thanks j Demo i was trying to avoid having to input them all individually , but this would be a good way of clearing out old contacts ! lol! Have tried to bluetooth but my old phone pairs with the iphone but the iphone wont pair !
Not sure if I have the knowledge for a vcf file????
Have contacts backed up on cloud with 02 but cant access them
Have tried a wondershare but this has only transferred contacts listed c to s !!
Was hoping to have to avoid buying a card reader Excoriatorbut thanks !!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral