Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Access 2003 help - 16th Dec 2013 1:45pm
I have built a database using access 2003, I have designed a data entry form, which when I click on shortcut to database I would like it to open the data entry form, rather than opening database showing list of tables etc etc.

Any one any ideas on how I do this. please.
Posted By: Mark Re: Access 2003 help - 16th Dec 2013 3:42pm
Dont you have to complie it as an exe ?

Or

Preferences. Its been a while since ive done access. doh learn
Posted By: Neilj Re: Access 2003 help - 16th Dec 2013 8:45pm
I know how to do this in Office 2007 - so try this for 2003.....

Click on the Microsoft Office Circle in the Top Left of the Database
This will show a drop down menu
At the bottom on the menu on the right you should click a button called 'Access Options'
Then on the left choose Current Database
Where is says Display Form - choose the form that you have created from the drop down list - you should then have set the database to load that from each time the database is loaded.
Posted By: PlasticScouser Re: Access 2003 help - 18th Dec 2013 1:12pm
Hi there. I use an Access 2003 database at work.

Do the following:

1)Start Microsoft Access
2)Open the database want to use
3)Click on "Forms"
4)Right click on the form you want to open direct from a short cut and select "Create Shortcut..." In the "Create Shortcut" window that opens, click on browse and select where you want the shortcut i.e. "Desktop".
Click "OK"

Job Done!
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Access 2003 help - 18th Dec 2013 1:18pm
Been a while since I did it, tried this seemed to work fine wink

'Tools' -> 'Startup' -> 'Display Form/Page' (Choose your form you want to display on startup) -> Untick 'Display Database Window'

Hope that helps
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Access 2003 help - 18th Dec 2013 1:31pm
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
Been a while since I did it, tried this seemed to work fine wink

'Tools' -> 'Startup' -> 'Display Form/Page' (Choose your form you want to display on startup) -> Untick 'Display Database Window'

Hope that helps
Perfect, thank you. happy
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Access 2003 help - 21st Jan 2014 12:00pm
Another question, can anyone help.

In this database I have a form for data entry, but have now decided to call a memo box on form a different name, I have gone in to table design and renamed the field name, but on the form it is still showing the old name.
I have also added a new field in table design, and it is not showing on the form.

I am normally very good in Access, but it's been a few years since I was having to databases, so am a bit rusty.

Can anyone advise please.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Access 2003 help - 21st Jan 2014 2:31pm
Originally Posted by Willo_
Another question, can anyone help.

In this database I have a form for data entry, but have now decided to call a memo box on form a different name, I have gone in to table design and renamed the field name, but on the form it is still showing the old name.
I have also added a new field in table design, and it is not showing on the form.

I am normally very good in Access, but it's been a few years since I was having to databases, so am a bit rusty.

Can anyone advise please.

been a few years since i used Access however i do believe that editing it in design view would change it automatically... but if it doesn't you may need to do it via the wizard (which i know is a pain but that's access for ya!)
Posted By: Mark Re: Access 2003 help - 21st Jan 2014 2:42pm
Close Access !
ReStart Access

A daft one but could force it too look at the form again.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Access 2003 help - 21st Jan 2014 2:48pm
Tried that one Mark, I have had to start from scratch with the wizard, there must be a way, am determine to find it, I have done a copy of it, and will play around with it.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Access 2003 help - 21st Jan 2014 6:37pm
smirk sorry i couldn't be more help

all i have to say is GOOD LUCK!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Access 2003 help - 22nd Jan 2014 11:37am
Same type of thing this person added something in after he designed his form, [youtube]QFUDt0cpIi0[/youtube] I copied him, but not using picture, and it just does not work.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral