Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 4:31pm

Hi all

for the last week or so I have been having a lot of trouble making and receiving calls, mostly when I'm at home. I will sometimes get a text saying I have a missed call and my phone has been next to me and not rung. When I try to make a call it just disconnects within a second or two. I send texts and sometimes they get there straight away, sometimes in a few hours and some times not at all. I cant even ring 150 to report it !!

I'm on Orange btw

TheMrs
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 5:24pm
I was about to ask Do you live in Seacombe by any chance until i seen that is where you are.
Ive been having the same problem, 52 attempts it took me to ring 150. Ridiculous!!

Finally found out that there is a fault with the mast that is located on top of the bingo in borough road.
All they said was that they are aware of it but could not tell me when it will be fixed!!!
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 5:42pm

Ah that explains why its worse at home then !!

Think I'm still gonna go the orange shop at the weekend and complain. Not much point in paying a contract if I cant use the bloody thing at home !!

Thanks for the explanation smile

TheMrs
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 5:44pm
I complained, his response was that they do not guarantee a service!!

Orange were suppose to ring me back last night with more information, suprise suprise i got no phone call.
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 6:24pm
Just got off the phone to orange now, apparently the issue has been fixed. there ringing me tomorrow to check and if not need to reset something they said.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 6:27pm
I'm in Seacombe and on T-mobile. I can recieve/ make calls but cannot send texts think
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 8:17pm

HHmm curiouser and curiouser sherlock

well mines still not flippin working so they can't have fixed it very well !

Let me know if you here anything else please

TheMrs
Posted By: mikeeb Re: cant make or receive calls - 20th Nov 2013 10:48pm
set your Mobile data network to just use 2G and not 3G. let me know if it works
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: cant make or receive calls - 21st Nov 2013 6:31pm
Well according to orange the problem has been sorted.
My phone worked fine today too.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral