Forums
Posted By: PaulH Sony xperia S - 20th Oct 2013 1:18pm
Hi, looking for help with the above phone. When trying to play sound through the external speaker all i get is a kind of rhythmic clicking sound. This occurs with you tube clips, in place of it's ringtone or message alerts. Googling the symptoms comes up with a range of answers, none of which quite fit the symptoms. I've tried a re-set but stopped short of the full factory re-set because it deletes all contacts from the phone. Sorry i'm rambling, just trying to show that i've tried. Seems the problem started with it's last update. One more thing, it works fine with an external speaker or earphones. Over to the collective !
Posted By: tonyh Re: Sony xperia S - 21st Oct 2013 5:18pm
Hi Paul, i've got an experia also, i've had nothing but trouble with it from day one. the provider refuses to fix it or replace it always got an excuse, mine did the same as yours, then it destroyed the ear piece speaker and over the last couple of months the call quality has deteriorated. I won't be getting another. I'm going back to nokia who have just been taken over by microsoft
Posted By: PaulH Re: Sony xperia S - 21st Oct 2013 7:06pm
Thanks Tony, at least i'm not alone !
Posted By: PaulH Re: Sony xperia S - 23rd Oct 2013 6:37am
One more try, can anyone else help ?
Posted By: Gloom Re: Sony xperia S - 26th Oct 2013 7:03pm
If its still in warranty take it to Carphone Warehouse in Liverpool One and get it booked in for repair. Warranty on Sony handsets is 2 years, and if its in warranty Sony cover the cost of the repair, as long as its not liquid damaged, and has no physical damage to it. If you didn't buy it from Carphone Warehouse you will need to bring a proof of purchase with you.
Posted By: PaulH Re: Sony xperia S - 1st Nov 2013 8:23pm
Thanks ! Sony, and three warranty is 2 years contract 1 year pay as you go. Strangest thing is, despite all i have tried it seems to have cured itself. For now. Puts me off sony though, back to htc i think.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral