Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs dodgy power connection - 2nd Oct 2013 7:31pm

Evening all

My lappy has a dodgy power connection.

I have to wiggle the lead round for ages to connect then don't breathe or it goes off.

So before I throw it out the window can anyone tell me if this is a cheap and easy fix?

Many thanks

TheMrs
Posted By: BigDave Re: dodgy power connection - 2nd Oct 2013 8:43pm
Evening

Depends on make and model number some are easy some are hard PM the details and I will give you a price.
Posted By: markhoz Re: dodgy power connection - 2nd Oct 2013 8:47pm
I have done a couple,if you know someone who is confident and find an online "strip down" instructions it should be an easy fix,,Are you certain it is not the power lead as they often break near the plug?,Easy to test if you know someone with a volt meter,I have come across this many times.
Mark
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: dodgy power connection - 2nd Oct 2013 9:06pm
I had one like that I cellotaped it to the laptop tightly in a position it worked
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: dodgy power connection - 2nd Oct 2013 9:54pm
I had to order a new power lead about a month ago as the same thing kept on happening to me. It would beep all the time when the connection became loose, driving me mad.

Since getting the new one (cost about £14) I've had no problems smile
Posted By: starakita Re: dodgy power connection - 2nd Oct 2013 11:16pm
Same with me,I had to get a new power lead about £12 just make sure its a genuine one,not a cheap dodgy one
Posted By: TheDr Re: dodgy power connection - 3rd Oct 2013 4:11am
It's either the power adapter or the power socket.

Easy test, try another power adapter (we have them in, easy enough just to plug one in and try it). If that solves the problem, you have a crack in the power lead, replace and it's done.

If it still has the problem then it's probably the power socket on the board (or fly lead depending on make/model). Replace this (yes we can do it) and that should sort the problem out and let you breathe again smile
Posted By: txt3rob Re: dodgy power connection - 3rd Oct 2013 8:02am
^ as the DR has said if it's the fly lead then it's easy to sort if it's solidered on then it's a bugger
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: dodgy power connection - 3rd Oct 2013 5:19pm

Thanks all

Its def not the power lead as I've tried 3 of them and its still the same.

Its an ASUS lappy but can't look at the model number as its currently balancing on my knee smile

Next time it goes off I will google it and see if I can strip it down myself....If not..I'll be back

TheMrs
© Wirral-Wikiwirral