Forums
Posted By: shar215 i phone 4 - 19th Sep 2013 4:30pm
my daughter dropped her i phone .. both back and front screen has smashed. Has any had to replace theres and if so how much did it cost
Posted By: j_demo Re: i phone 4 - 19th Sep 2013 5:04pm
go to the apple shop, you can get a brand new iphone 4 for £119 and they'll transfer all your data and everything over.

my girlfriend did the same thing, it's more recommended you do that than get it repaired as when you replace the glass it's pulled off and then the rest of the phone is shaved down to accommodate the new glass and it can go wrong at a later date and apple won't touch it because it's been through a third party.

its more expensive to replace than repair but better in the long run.
Posted By: TheDr Re: i phone 4 - 19th Sep 2013 5:37pm
I always recommend that people use the swap over service at Apple, ESPECIALLY for water damage phones.

They'll change your phone for a new one (same model, locked to the same network) for £119 for iPhone 4, £139 for 4s and £209 for 5 (just gone up from £179).

Thg above gives you either the remainder of your warranty or 90 days warranty, whichever is longer.

If that's a bit too much then replacement front and back is £50
Posted By: shar215 Re: i phone 4 - 20th Sep 2013 2:27pm
her phone is open ..would they swap for a new open one for £119 .
Posted By: TheDr Re: i phone 4 - 20th Sep 2013 3:10pm
When they swap them it's a direct transfer, whatever the old one was locked to the new one will be the same.

If it has been unlock properly (not a jailbreak unlock) then the new one will be unlocked as well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral