Forums
Posted By: venice The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 10:39am
When Hotmail moved to be Outlook , I didnt like it, but it wasnt that much different to be honest , and at least I could still log on in good time. Now, a few months on, Im finding that although I dont have trouble logging on to Gmail or any other site where I have to log in , Outlook , is impossible most days . Im having to wait a couple of minutes before it atually logs me in, --sometimes longer( and often have to give up altogether),
Question is, is this happening to everyone else? If not, whats wrong and is there a fix please?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 10:52am
It is useless its not just you, read some of the reply's here http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/outlook.com.html its hit and miss whether you can log in. And if you can, its hit and miss whether you can actually do anything.

Am in process of moving to gmail.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 11:15am
Posted By: Willo_ Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 11:56am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
I agree ste
Posted By: venice Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 12:03pm
Good grief. Thanks for that. Didnt realize it was such a widespread problem . Is there any way of getting your hotmail/outlook mail redirected or copied to another of your accounts , like Gmail?
I read in one of those complaints on the link , that Outlook wont allow you to transfer your files and past messages to elsewhere? If thats true , it should be illegal --'restraint of trade'
Im going to have to spend hours and hours going back over years of docs, making hard copies I think, of stuff I simply cant afford to lose.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 12:12pm
Clicky
Posted By: venice Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 12:28pm
Wonderful . Thanks a lot. Ill have a go at that when Ive got a bit of time .
Posted By: flossy Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 12:45pm
yes its driving me nuts seem to be waiting for ages and then eventually get fed up heaven knows what they have done to it
Posted By: Snodvan Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 30th Jun 2013 3:01pm
I have practically abandoned Hotmail/ Outlook.com. FAR too slow to be of any use. Especially the problem would hit me when trying to use that account from some far-flung part of the world where anyway the internet connection may be slow/ or may time-out easily.

I have changed to using my gmail account - fortunately I registered my business name with a googlemail/ gmail account several years ago. Until now I have hardly used it - but now use it all the time.

What I have done with the hotmail/ outlook.com account is set it up to forward all mail to the gmail address. That is working fine. In time I expect there will be less and less mail arriving to hotmail/ outlook as I reply via gmail and recipients also start using that.

Snod
Posted By: Wally1 Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 1st Jul 2013 1:02am
Considering moving to Gmail myself. Hotmail was
fine for about 10 years but the change to Outlook
has been a disaster. I can get on about 30% of the
time but without making any changes to my set up
for the other 70% - I just cannot get access.

On the Outlook Forums lots of people have the
same problem but Microsoft keep telling them to
check settings etc. They don't seem to have an
answer.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 1st Jul 2013 1:11am
Mines terrible, Hotmail was fine why mess with it to change it into Outlook which was already widely known as buggy and problematic?
Posted By: Wally1 Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 3rd Jul 2013 9:59am
For the last day there seems to have been an improvement,
ie I can get in on most attempts. I wondered if anyone else
found the same?
Posted By: venice Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 3rd Jul 2013 10:06am
Yes, I thought the same thing Wally . Behaving itself thank goodness. Wonder how long that will last!
Posted By: Wally1 Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 4th Jul 2013 12:18am
Fingers crossed - it's fine when it works.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: The Outlook seems bleak - 4th Jul 2013 11:06am
Still good today.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral