Forums
Posted By: chris7777 toshiba satillite problem....... - 8th Jun 2013 5:30pm
Hi,
Hope someone can help.......I bought a laptop on ebay, it's got windows pro installed, when I first switched it on it was ok next time I switched on I got a message saying 'error loading operating system' what's happened? I didn't pay a lot for it I only got it as a spare so I'm not unduly worried but would like to get it working........any suggestions!!
Thanks.......
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 8th Jun 2013 11:25pm
Try booting in to safe mode, use F8. Let us know if that works.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 7:54am
No, doesn't work, still getting black screen and 'error loading operating system.
Posted By: lansyp Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 9:47am
had this once and had to re install windows as some of the start up files where corrupt
Posted By: chris7777 Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 10:31am
Okay thanks for replys, no disc came with it, could I buy one somewhere? It's windows xp professional.
Posted By: rover644 Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 12:44pm
I got a Vista disk from Bigabyte on Old Chester road. Just installed it and used the product key from the sticker on the lap top. Try them they should be able to help.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 2:19pm
I have some Linux discs tried to run them on it and it got so far then stopped and wouldn't boot those either.
Posted By: rossie Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 4:05pm
Problem with these machines is that the operating system is pre-installed and even when you manage to reinstall windows you will be absent the drivers.
Suggest that you contact the ebay seller and ask if he took a back up.
You will get there in the end but it is a nightmare.
If you google the machine you will find a forum with helpful hints.
Mine crashed and I reinstalled windows re registered it with microsoft but still could not get on line. I ended up having to get a professional in and even he said it had taken him ages to sort out and he had had to research the problems.Fortunately he kept to the agreed price of £20.
Posted By: TheDr Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 9th Jun 2013 5:16pm
Originally Posted by rover644
I got a Vista disk from Bigabyte on Old Chester road. Just installed it and used the product key from the sticker on the lap top. Try them they should be able to help.

Just call in and you can have a disc, the key that you have on the machine is what makes it genuine.
Posted By: Mark Re: toshiba satillite problem....... - 10th Jun 2013 4:12pm
toshiba satillite they normally have a create your back up disks as a program to run within windows. Toshiba pile there programs on.

You need to run a scan disk on your hard drive before you go buying any discs. Check your hard drive hasn't failed first. You may have a bad sector if its been dropped previously.

You will get there in the end, but you should be able to down load all the drivers from toshiba's website and get it going again it just takes time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral