Forums
Posted By: spgb1a Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 7:17pm
Hi,

I am trying to restore my aptop to the factory defaults, have a the discs,but when i follow the instructions,i cant delete any stuff aready on it because one of my keys are not working, the key is "L,this is the prompt etter to deete my stuff,(i am using on screen keyboard atm)hence some of my words above are missing the etter l.

Any ideas pease.

Posted By: TheEpicSponge Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 7:20pm
Borrow a USB keyboard from a friend. Plug it in to an available USB slot and voila!

Alternative would be to have the keyboard replaced.
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 7:23pm
thnx for that,but surey whie the machine is restoring no pug ins wi work
Posted By: Salmon Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 7:50pm
Have you tried giving the keyboard a good upside down shake in case it is a bit of rubbish under the L?
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 8:12pm
That happened to our keyboard , some letters were sticking , i cleaned with earbuds and even toke some letters off to clean ,FOOD and drink residue < daughter .... >fine since ....
Posted By: chipppie Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 8:31pm
What make of laptop is it
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 8:56pm
How come the "L" worked in the topic heading "defaults"?
Posted By: cathie Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 8:58pm
Originally Posted by spgb1a
Hi,

I am trying to restore my aptop to the factory defaults, have a the discs,but when i follow the instructions,i cant delete any stuff aready on it because one of my keys are not working, the key is "L,this is the prompt etter to deete my stuff,(i am using on screen keyboard atm)hence some of my words above are missing the etter l.

Any ideas pease.

How come it works in "defaults" and "follow" and "delete" and when you're telling us which key it is but after that it doesn't work? Or am I just being stupid?
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 9:19pm
its a hp nx 6110
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 9:22pm
because i was using the on screen keyboard,but when i try to use that type of keyboard to restore it wont do it until it has windows up and running
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 9:33pm
I just connected a usb keyboard to my laptop and went into the bios setup using the usb keyboard, so it does not need software to operate. Cheers
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 5th Jun 2013 10:09pm
ok thnx alot for that,ill invest in one then,didnt think a usb one would,u learn somat new every day, thnx m8, even my k and l dont work now and just come off the board,gggggrrrrrr,pmsl
Posted By: Mark Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 6th Jun 2013 3:13pm
Originally Posted by spgb1a
thnx for that,but surey whie the machine is restoring no pug ins wi work

A USB Keyboard will work smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 6th Jun 2013 6:18pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
I just connected a usb keyboard to my laptop and went into the bios setup using the usb keyboard, so it does not need software to operate. Cheers

Is this first post invisable?
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 6th Jun 2013 10:20pm
no why
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Restoring to Factory defaults - 6th Jun 2013 10:24pm
Just that Mark says a usb keyboard works, after I already quoted it worked. Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral