Forums
Posted By: Sandra43 Broadband goes off with phone - 29th Apr 2013 9:11am
I am on BT telephone and Broadband. When i use the landline or someone rings me on the landline as soon as i answer it the broadband goes off. What can be causing this, and how can this be fixed.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Broadband goes off with phone - 29th Apr 2013 9:14am
i had the same problem just got a filter all sorted now smile
Posted By: Finney Re: Broadband goes off with phone - 29th Apr 2013 10:06am
Sounds like you need filters. You should have a filter fitted to every phone socket in the house that has a phone connected to it.
Posted By: cameraman Re: Broadband goes off with phone - 29th Apr 2013 7:19pm
Have the same problem. It's a old BT line but I'm with SKY. The problem is we have filters fitted as well and it still happens. Checked the wiring and all seams fine. I'm an electrical engineer as well and it's baffling me
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Broadband goes off with phone - 29th Apr 2013 7:53pm
Originally Posted by cameraman
Have the same problem. It's a old BT line but I'm with SKY. The problem is we have filters fitted as well and it still happens. Checked the wiring and all seams fine. I'm an electrical engineer as well and it's baffling me

This is the sort of problem that has probably been caused by something changing if it was working OK previously. It sounds mostly like an ADSL filter missing or faulty somewhere.

Are any of the 'phones or the fax machine new?

Is the new main socket on the same line as the one that used to work OK?

Are you sure that you have ADSL filters plugged into EVERY extension on the line which is causing the problem?

Did you change or plug anything different in when the problem started?

It might be an idea to log into the router on 192.168.0.1, username Admin and password Sky, then bring up the Show Statistics page in the Router Status menu. Keep an eye on the Noise Margin figure keep watching that screen while you pick up a phone and see if it changes.

Finally, check if there is a wire, usually orange/white, connected to terminal 3 of the master socket. If so, disconnect it and see if that makes any difference as you do not need it.
smile
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Broadband goes off with phone - 29th Apr 2013 9:48pm
We have the same trouble I'm with bt we just dial 1471 that usually gets us back on line
Posted By: Lando Re: Broadband goes off with phone - 15th May 2013 11:49pm
Filtering issue pm me i will sort
© Wirral-Wikiwirral