Forums
Posted By: Petei123 sky+ box - 28th Apr 2013 5:13pm
I've just taken an old sky+ box from my mums to use in my flat, which has a communal dish (I think). What do I need to be able to use this as a freeview box, and the recorder? But the recording part I'm not too fussed on.

Thanks
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: sky+ box - 28th Apr 2013 5:55pm
All you need to gain access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a Freesat from Sky viewing card, which costs just £25. If you’d like to access the interactive services available, you’ll also need a working phone line. To purchase a viewing card please phone Sky on 08448 244 400.

here's the link
Posted By: Petei123 Re: sky+ box - 29th Apr 2013 3:44pm
Thanks, I'll get one of those then. But what I'm after now is a cable that runs from the dish, and then splits into 2 to go into the sky box. I can't seem to find one anywhere though. It needs to screw onto the one in my wall and the 2 into the back of the sky box? I've tried PC World, but they just tried to flog me a multi room adapter, and the DIY shops only had a single cable of what I want. Does anyone out there have one going spare or know where I can get one from?
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: sky+ box - 29th Apr 2013 3:49pm
I have cable if you need it.and the bits that go on the end that screw into the dish and tv.Thats if you are intereste.Save you some pennies as well.the only thing is it dont split into 2.Or if your not scared from heights you could climb up and take an exsisting one from an older sky dish.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: sky+ box - 29th Apr 2013 3:58pm
try here smile
Posted By: Petei123 Re: sky+ box - 30th Apr 2013 11:53am
I've managed to get the cable sorted eventually, and I've got the card now too, but its still saying that no satelite signal is being received. Am I missing something here?
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: sky+ box - 30th Apr 2013 12:59pm
Just a thought...

Have you registered the card with Sky ?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: sky+ box - 30th Apr 2013 3:53pm
whats the number coming up when you're getting no satellite signal error?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: sky+ box - 30th Apr 2013 4:16pm
Originally Posted by Pete_306TD
I've managed to get the cable sorted eventually, and I've got the card now too, but its still saying that no satelite signal is being received. Am I missing something here?

press services
press 4
quickly press 0, 1 and then select

this will give you the installer setup menu.

press 2
this will give you the default transponder menu. so all you have to do now is press red to reset it.

ps if your singnal is below 60% you my need to align it if so pm Lando he works for sky smile
Posted By: Petei123 Re: sky+ box - 1st May 2013 6:21am
I've managed to sort everything now, thankyou. Have all the freesat chanels apart from Dave, but no biggie. When I spoke to sky, they said that if I wanted to use the '+' features, I had to pay £10 a month, now I know that's not expensive, but does anyone know if there's a way around it?
Posted By: organiser Re: sky+ box - 1st May 2013 8:03am
I don't believe this post...are you seriously asking us to help you commit a crime by fraudulently accessing sky without paying for it
Posted By: Petei123 Re: sky+ box - 1st May 2013 9:47am
Sorry I must have written it in a way that come across like that.

What I meant to ask was, is there a way to use the + features, ie recording/pause/rewind etc features without having to pay sky for it.

I'm sure there's numerous people out there that have wondered this, and maybe know the answer, and may even use this facility. If there isn't though, then I apologise if I have offended anyone.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral