Forums
Posted By: woofie Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 10:20am
I`m thinking of getting one of the small pocket size games consoles to keep me occupied while i go in Hospital for about a week in june, but don't know which is the better type. Sony psp or the Nintendo ds. I can not afford a new one, so will be looking on e-Bay for one with a few games. I can just about manage to play my kids old PS2 games like Ratchet & clank, Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog type games! What would be a good choice of console and games to go for? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 11:10am
DS everytime, you could get brain training and other grown up games.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 11:11am
ps, I have one if you want to buy it with a few games
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 11:13am
I would definitely go for a Nintendo DS. We have a DS Lite and a DSi. You can get a memory card for them called an R4 and they hold loads of games that you can download quite easily.

DS tend to be sold in bundles as second hand ones from most of the game stores in town, worth a nosy. Or try for one with an R4 from Ebay.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 11:25am
i would personally go for the PSP
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 1:01pm
Another vote for the DS, although the PSP is very good.

I have both and the PSP rarely gets used. Perhaps I should sell it? Its boxed, immaculate, with about half a dozen games and a UMD film or two if you're interested.
Posted By: woofie Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 1:29pm
Hi Gibbo. Yes i`m definitely interested, if you can e-mail me with the details and price etc, i will get back to you once i've decided what to go for.
Posted By: sam_w Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 4:16pm
Get a second hand DS and then buy a R4i card so you get games from the internet wink
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 11th Apr 2013 5:17pm
If you have a smart phone you could just download retroarch free from the store. If you know someone who is tech savvy they can get mario and sonic and all those types of games roms to run on it, so no need to buy anything at all! Otherwise I would vote for the PSP too, the DS is alright but pretty limited in the way of good titles to play compared to the PSP.

However the actual "best" handheld console around right now is most definitely the PS VITA.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 12th Apr 2013 6:09am
Whatever happened to reading a couple of good books.
Posted By: woofie Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 12th Apr 2013 7:43am
Nothing wrong with a good book Tom. I`ve been an avid reader for the last 18 month, as i did`nt have a tv untill last week! I just wanted to try a different sort of mental stimulation for a change.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 12th Apr 2013 10:52am
Originally Posted by woofie
Hi Gibbo. Yes i`m definitely interested, if you can e-mail me with the details and price etc, i will get back to you once i've decided what to go for.

Will do. I'll get a picture and list of what's there.
Posted By: Argo_uk Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 15th Apr 2013 10:04am
PS vita is good got one me self but not many good games out for it yet . if ya have PS+ thou there are a few games on there for free
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 15th Apr 2013 12:14pm
how do you play the ps2 without a tv?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Portable games consoles. Which is best? - 15th Apr 2013 7:07pm
You cant play the ps2 without a tv. Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral