Forums
hi i wonder if anybody on here can help,yesterday i had an email off paypal (or so i thought)saying thanks for my 1 off payment of £96 to skype,my daughter is on skype but its free!!so i was fuming at this and got on the phone to my mrs to investigate this a little further,she looked on paypal and nothing was mentioned about this transaction and neither was there on skype!however on the email i recieved it said if i belive it to be fraudgulent activity click on the link provided as to which i did!!now on the computer i clicked the link on it will no longer let me sign into my paypal but i can on any other computer in the house??any ideas whats going on anybody and what should i do?thanks.
I`d log in on one of the other computers and change my password and also then ring paypal or email them at least.
Sounds like it could be a phishing scam, if it is they will be hoping for you to click through and enter personal details.

I would contact Paypal, in the interim, change your password to the account as a minimum precaution.

K
if you hover over the link in the email, just above "Start" on the bottom left of your screen, it will show you the true address link to where it is going to go.
ive tried to change my password but i have to put my bank details in to verify its me so ive been a bit cautious about doing this!!
get in touch with Paypal,dont enter your bank details.
i will,thanks.
Go to paypal.com, goto help, look for contact us, type in "how to change password", without the quotes. they give you a one off password valid for 60 minutes
0845 4011 050
PayPal Customer Service opening times are from Monday-Friday 8am-10pm, Saturday 8am-9pm or Sunday 9am-9pm.
thanks.
I received a similar E-Mail last week thought it was funny as I don't use skype.

So I righted clicked the url paypal.co.uk/helpcenter/open_dispute your meant to click to launch a dispute and viewed the source code (taken off the HTTP WWW piece)

But it's bogus url that leads you to
arbocatalogussbcm.prelive.nl

It'a well known scam
http://www.securityitrust.com/you-sent-a-payment-of-39-00-gbp-to-skype-salesskype-com-id-54317/

http://phishtrackers.com/xzclf/1/po...l_Receipt_for_your_payment_to_Skype.html
so after you clicked what happened?did you get in touch with paypal?since ive done that i cannot log into paypal you see!!tried to phone them but offices are now closed until monday or tuesday!!
Hi

forward the email also to [email protected], then just delete it.
they will sort it once they recieved it but make sure you send it to them then delete.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Mark Re: email off paypal saying one off payment sent!! - 29th Mar 2013 9:13pm
Pay pal are really helpful so dont worry about contacting them.

Do Not enter any bank details.
As its been mentioned its a scam.
You also have upto 60 days to recall the payment, which is valid as you have not used Skype as a service.

Also mentioned if your using a email program you can hover over the link and you will see an address not by PayPal.

It will work out.
Just update any passwords you have in place.

TIP : get to pay pal buy typing in the address manually not via a link.

Let us know how it turns out.
Hi. you said the computer that you clicked the link on will no longer let you sign into Paypal but on the other computers in your house Paypal will let you sign into your account, it sounds like something has installed to the said 1st computer, do a system restore on the said computer to an earlier time/date before you clicked the said link then try signing back into Paypal.
thanks i will try that.
Posted By: MikeT Re: email off paypal saying one off payment sent!! - 30th Mar 2013 6:20am
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
i clicked the link

That was a very stupid thing to do. Never ever click links in emails, if you get an email supposedly from Paypal it's much safer to open your browser and enter www.paypal.com in the address bar yourself.

Don't do anything at all, I get them all the time. Just delete. You can send on to Paypal as spoof but they sometimes reply to say it's a spoof.
No money has been taken from you.
Originally Posted by muzzy2
Don't do anything at all, I get them all the time. Just delete. You can send on to Paypal as spoof but they sometimes reply to say it's a spoof.
No money has been taken from you.

Too late they have already clicked the link an no doubt given the scammers their paypal details and password, tryiong to long on the the spoof site.
they seem to have blocked me logging into paypal on my computer!!!how can i solve this?
Mike T i came on here for a bit of advice,if you've got nothing decent to say then dont say anything at all!!other people seem to have read my post and understood it perfectly ok so just maybe your the one with the promblem!
Posted By: Mark Re: email off paypal saying one off payment sent!! - 31st Mar 2013 9:56am
Get access to another computer.
Visit your PayPal account and update your password.
You should recieve an email to authorise the change. Don't worry if you don't just change your password to a regular one make it unique to this situation, until you are secure again.

Once your password has been changed your secure for now. Then come Tuesday ring pay pal. I dont think you have lost any money from the email,but following that link you may have given out your login detail, if you gave bank details then call your bank under the lost and stolen numbers and get them to lock the account.

Its an easy mistake to make as these fraudsters get clever and clever.
Just remember this.

Financial institutions do not send you emails.

Hope you get this sorted.
thanks mark.
pokerchamp, we have another one like Mike T on this site, she is so quick to correct spelling & Punctuation mistakes, they must be english teachers, and think we are their pupils, anyway everyone else have had no problem reading your posts.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral