Forums
Posted By: aaronazza Iphone 5 - 9th Mar 2013 6:40pm
I got an iphone 5 from cex in b/head on vodafone, took it to phone shop in the market to get it unlocked to o2 bought a nano sim for it today put it in an my iphone says only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone. please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement sim card. Any1 any ideas what this means, had it been doe properly and can i get my money back if this is the case? Paid £30 so not jus willing to leave it an pay sum1 else to do the job iv already paid for to be done, many thanks for reading,
Posted By: j_demo Re: Iphone 5 - 9th Mar 2013 6:43pm
doesn't it take like 28 days or something to unlock an iphone 5... read that somewhere but can't remember where
Posted By: aaronazza Re: Iphone 5 - 9th Mar 2013 6:53pm
1 shop said 3 weeks and the other said itll be done overnight but it wernt im gutted
Posted By: mikroc Re: Iphone 5 - 9th Mar 2013 7:18pm
Had mine unlocked in market wernt done properly best bet getting one already on o2
Posted By: dkind Re: Iphone 5 - 9th Mar 2013 8:14pm
The phone needs activating you need to put a sim of the original network of the phone in it and connect to iTunes. £30 is very cheap for a iPhone unlock as they are expensive to do so I'm guessing that's not whats been done to your phone
Posted By: aaronazza Re: Iphone 5 - 10th Mar 2013 12:06am
So if i activate it with a vodafone sim can i swap sims then and put my o2 sim in?
Posted By: dkind Re: Iphone 5 - 10th Mar 2013 1:20am
As long as its an unlocked phone yes you should be able too
Posted By: aaronazza Re: Iphone 5 - 10th Mar 2013 3:39pm
Sounds like its worth a try, it does say when you put the sim in activation required but when you go through the process it stops you saying only a compatable sim may be used so hopefully might work
© Wirral-Wikiwirral