Forums
Posted By: venice Emergency calls only! - 27th Feb 2013 11:16pm
My pay as you go orange Samsung phone has £7+ credit left on it, but when I tried to make a call today, it said 'emergency calls only'. Put the sim card out and in again, no difference. Any ideas please?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Emergency calls only! - 28th Feb 2013 12:09am
Ok, SIM card in and out has rebooted the phone so that's all covered.

Could the phone be blocked (reported lost/missing etc) or have you had it from new ?

Get the SIM card and put it face down on apiece of clean white paper, just move it around in circles pushing on it for 10-15 secs. You're cleaning the corrosion off the chip, it forms between the contacts on the phone and the sim over time, normally it's fine but taking it in/out or it moving in the holder slightly can make it lose connection (increased resistance). The paper should show a slight black mark on it when you've done, this is normal.

Type *#06# and make sure the IMEI hasn't crashed and changed to 12345 etc or all zeros.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Emergency calls only! - 28th Feb 2013 10:30am
When my phone has not got a very good signal it shows up emergency calls only' just go outside so you have better signel. turn phone off and on to reset, hope this helps.
Posted By: venice Re: Emergency calls only! - 28th Feb 2013 11:23am
Thanks guys, Im dashing on a hospital visit now and will try this on my return and let your know.( Had it from new.)
Posted By: rocks Re: Emergency calls only! - 28th Feb 2013 11:25am
Originally Posted by beehive
When my phone has not got a very good signal it shows up emergency calls only' just go outside so you have better signel. turn phone off and on to reset, hope this helps.

withthat
Posted By: venice Re: Emergency calls only! - 28th Feb 2013 10:52pm
Thanks everyone, I did everything and it worked in Chester tonight, so maybe it was a mixture of poor reception and "mucky card" Brilliant
Posted By: chris58 Re: Emergency calls only! - 1st Mar 2013 7:12pm
Maybe a coincidence but I'm
on orange and realised earlier today my phone basically "froze" I kept having to turn it in and off throughout the day and have kept getting a no signal message. Seems ok now tho.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral