Forums
Posted By: j_demo phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 23rd Feb 2013 1:00pm
hi all, got myself a used N95 8GB because i used to have one a few years ago, and loved it but regrettably sold it because i was low on money at the time.

but it was my b.day yesterday and managed to get another from a second hand shop for a reasonable price.

got it home all excited and turned it on, put a SIM in it etc and started messing with it and then it just froze unexpectedly as i was changing the settings (wallpaper, ringtone etc)

thinking it was a one-off i took the battery out and put it back in and started again, same thing happened.

so i checked a nokia forum and did the whole nokia software updater thing, which said there was no update for my device and so i re-installed the current one, and now it's ok, UNLESS i plug it into the mains charger which then it freezes, same with the USB connection... though the computer says it's connected, when it says "accept all requests on phone" the phone is unusable and so i can't accept anything.

the *#0000# thing gives me:
V 30.0.018
23-07-08
RM-320
(C) Nokia N95 (B6.01)

i'm not a complete novice when it comes to using technology but the bit about de-branding and also forcing an upgrade on your phone though it says there isn't one, passes me by a bit...

does anybody know a GUARANTEED method of fixing it, or a shop/person who will definitely fix it for me, don't want to have to spend money getting it "fixed" only to find a few hours later that it isn't fixed and have to go back and spend more money/time.

thanks
Posted By: Mark Re: phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 23rd Feb 2013 1:22pm
I loved the N95 too being my last Nokia frown
I didnt experience any of your problems, i would be inclined to return the item for a refund as its probably going to be a niggley problem.

Isn't there a Factory Reset you can do ?
if i remember is it call the 3 green rings or something?
Google Factory Reset.

Its a bit tricky to get it started but i got there in the end.
That will tell you if you now have a Hardware Problem and not software. As you know if its Hardware you may as well throw it in the bin or get a refund.

Only my advice. 2c
Posted By: j_demo Re: phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 23rd Feb 2013 1:33pm
did the fiddly factory reset and still having issues... gonna take it back and get my £ back i think. gonna be gutted to get rid of it but i suppose i can always get a working one another day...
Posted By: Mark Re: phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 23rd Feb 2013 2:05pm
Exactly smile

Posted By: ASE71 Re: phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 23rd Feb 2013 11:58pm
N95 is so 2007. I remember getting my brand new N95, it was the Dogs. How things have moved on..... I'd love to own one to go along with my 3 phone collection of nokias from the past.
Posted By: ickymicky Re: phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 24th Feb 2013 5:07pm
Recently got myself a Nokia (Lumia 820). It was freezing on average once a week, but getting more and more regular (up to 3 times a day). Took out my memory card and it hasn't frozen since (now been over a week).
Have you attempted changing different (changeable) components?
Posted By: chris123 Re: phone keeps freezing... HELP! - 25th Feb 2013 8:06am
The nokia repair centre in Birkenhead (and borough road before that) used to be fantastic and have fixed loads for me in the past- not sure if its still there to be honest as I havent had a nokia for years. The n95 was probably my last and I loved it at the time....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral