Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep My printer won't print can you help. - 13th Feb 2013 11:21pm
I have recently bought 2 refill kits for my printer, colour and black. I've refilled both cartridged. Colour works perfecly but black either prints like morse code or nothing.

I've cleaned my print head etc but still the same.

Any suggestions.

It is also a new printer less than 2 months old.

Thanks
Posted By: TheDr Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 13th Feb 2013 11:55pm
Couple of things

Which printer is it, if an Epson, cheaper to buy the reman cartridges, they're only about a quid each and saves a lot of messing about.

It sounds like your print head is blocked, happens when you only have a small amount of ink in the cartridge and it gets warm (dries out), or a lot of ink in and it gets very warm (dries out).

The ink head can get blocked very easily, even the wrong ink can do it if its too thick.

Try using the head cleaning option, this usually clears the head after several attempts, but does use a lot of ink.

If that doesn't work you can try draining the ink in the cartridge and then using a cartridge cleaning solution to break down the dried up ink.

If that doesn't work, new cartridge.

Most ink is used in a printer when self cleaning or when starting up from cold, some printers are totally unsuitable for occasional use, but as long as people keep buying the carts they'll keep making them.

I always tell people that the printer itself is the cheapest part, it's the cost of cartridges that the money is made on.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 14th Feb 2013 8:35am
Do the ink cartridges have the chips on them like in pic, if so you may need to reset the chips, using something like this Clicky i dont bother refilling inks, i just buy compatabls from amazon, and they work perfect.

Attached picture images.jpg
Posted By: Alonso Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 14th Feb 2013 10:58am
Had a similar problem with my Epson sx235w. It just made a line through the type, making anything printed practically unreadable. I recall a week before the problem started installing some firmware that they sent me. Somebody wrote on a website that they deliberately make sure that you can't use any ink other than their own. Maybe the firmware caused it? It had worked OK on the cheap inks for a while. I used the cleaning process and realigning to no avail, so I went and paid £31.00 to PC World for Epson ink, which made no difference. I needed a printer in a hurry so I bought an Epson XP205 from Argos. I dunno what to do with the replaced model. I bought it from Amazon but it's probably over a year ago. How do you reset the chips using the kit that's illustrated?
Thanks in advance for any info and help.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 14th Feb 2013 1:21pm
I tried a refill kit a couple of years ago, gave up in the end and got on with hp compatibles. It's all a fiddle anyway, printing cartridges.
Posted By: Mark Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 14th Feb 2013 2:26pm
As Above, it sounds like the ink has dried in the channels.
There is a sponge in there that keeps things moist but when a cartridge runs out the sponge has already begun to dry out.

Ive ordered some toner refills for my laser colour printer, this should come with a reset chip, so i will do a little post about it when they arrive from sunny china in about 4 weeks lol.
Posted By: Alonso Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 15th Feb 2013 1:11am
Cheers Mark, dunno if you are referring to my post but thanks anyway. Look forward to what you have to say.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: My printer won't print can you help. - 17th Feb 2013 12:50am
If its a kodak printer-- forget it. Took mine back to PC World and got a HP.They said they had had loads of problems with the Kodak Printers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral