Forums
Posted By: rocks picture messaging - 12th Feb 2013 3:25pm
iv recently changed to a giff gaff sim and now i cant get picture messaging, i have googled the problem and some people say use whatsap and others say download giffgaff vnp ap but iv read this can also damage your phone, i have a new xperia miro and it runs on ics whats the safest and best thing to do for a non techy like me?
Posted By: kamikazi Re: picture messaging - 12th Feb 2013 6:08pm
Got a new Android and MMS didnt work on this or the previous one using Giff Gaff, you need credit as well as the goodybags for it to work, I put a tenner on top of my usual £15 the other day and it all started working fine.

K
Posted By: rocks Re: picture messaging - 12th Feb 2013 6:21pm
ooo you shouldnt be having to pay extra when there is another way to get pics for free, i know sending pics isnt part of your goody bag i think you get charged 15p and i have credit in my phone but its still free to receive them (and at the min im not)im after info on what the best app is for my phone so keep checking this thread and you may get a cheaper way of having picture messaging too smile
Posted By: kamikazi Re: picture messaging - 12th Feb 2013 11:47pm
I downloaded the Giff gaff APN App and it didnt work, MMSC address in this set up woked for me, with a Nexus 4.

Name: giffgaff
APN: giffgaff.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc-ac.mms.o2.co.uk: 10021/mmsc
MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

I deleted all other APN's as this seemed a common theme with MMS setup.

K
Posted By: rocks Re: picture messaging - 13th Feb 2013 9:30am
yep id heard that sometimes the giff gaff apn app doesnt work or it wipes your phone!!
cheers for posting this up
Ahh, been ages since I had spam
© Wirral-Wikiwirral