Forums
Posted By: Zelda2012 HTC dolphine desire - 19th Jan 2013 4:36pm
i need a new screen any ideas were i can get one.only had phone since xmas
Posted By: sunnyside Re: HTC dolphine desire - 19th Jan 2013 7:16pm
its only a month old it will still be under warranty, the shop are obliged after month to repair, unless you dropped it, do you?
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: HTC dolphine desire - 19th Jan 2013 8:41pm
i was with horses yesterday and i took it out of my pocket and the screen is cracked am not happy
Posted By: Mark Re: HTC dolphine desire - 19th Jan 2013 9:20pm
There are a few places in Birkenhead In Door Market.
Visit a few of them for Prices.

Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: HTC dolphine desire - 20th Jan 2013 9:50am
thanks mark will have a look
Posted By: DaveWPPW Re: HTC dolphine desire - 20th Jan 2013 11:14am
There's also LJM Repairs. They are on Facebook and genuinely they are very good as I have used them in the past to repair a laptop and I know they do phone screens too. I think the deliver too but don't quote me on that.
http://www.facebook.com/LJMREPAIRS.self?fref=ts
Posted By: TheDr Re: HTC dolphine desire - 20th Jan 2013 4:53pm
Originally Posted by Mark

Other places may be available smile

I didn't reply this morning as I've been trying to find someone with a decent (not copy) screen for them.

Not easy to get hold of, but I'm getting quotes back from trade places of around the £70 mark, fitted.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: HTC dolphine desire - 20th Jan 2013 5:11pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Originally Posted by Mark

Other places may be available smile

I didn't reply this morning as I've been trying to find someone with a decent (not copy) screen for them.

Not easy to get hold of, but I'm getting quotes back from trade places of around the £70 mark, fitted.

how long would it take to fix and which shop r u in i know the name of your shops but not which one to take it lol
Posted By: TheDr Re: HTC dolphine desire - 20th Jan 2013 7:39pm
I was at the trade shops today, which is how I got the price :-)

Going back on Wed or Thurs so I'll get them to order me one.

New Ferry will hopefully be back next month, at the moment the Rock Ferry place is open.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: HTC dolphine desire - 20th Jan 2013 7:58pm
can you get a case for it as well.my hubby got a survival case for his iphone and just wondering if you could get one like it for my phone
am trying to pm you can u clear ya inbox
Posted By: Howie69 Re: HTC dolphine desire - 23rd Jan 2013 1:10am
Try Starlight Mobiles in The Cherry Tree Centre, a mate had a new screen fitted on his HTC Desire, I think it cost him 40 quid.
Posted By: TheDr Re: HTC dolphine desire - 23rd Jan 2013 1:23am
Originally Posted by Howie69
Try Starlight Mobiles in The Cherry Tree Centre, a mate had a new screen fitted on his HTC Desire, I think it cost him 40 quid.

Screen prices vary HUGELY depending on the phone.

iPhone 3's are quite cheap and fairly easy to do if you take your time.

iPhone 4's are fairly cheap but do take a while to do and can be quite tricky, you're paying more for the time than the part.

HTCs vary a lot depending on the model, the desire should be about £30, the XLs a lot more.

Most expensive screens right now are on the Galaxy S series, it's REALLY worth taking them up on the insurance if you get one of these, the parts alone for the II & III are over £100 (if they're not they're copies and you will notice the difference).
Posted By: Mark Re: HTC dolphine desire - 23rd Jan 2013 8:10pm
good advice there ^^ smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral