Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Looking for email contacts - 21st Dec 2012 11:44am
Over the years I've lost contact with various relations,friends etc and would now like to email xmas greetings to them.
What would be the best way and how to find their email addresses even if I don't have a house address.
Not too computer savvy as regards Facebook and other social forums

A small donation to a charity in lieu of saving postage & cards will be made (as suggested by bandicoot in a previous post)
Posted By: stu6278 Re: Looking for email contacts - 21st Dec 2012 12:04pm
You could try looking on Facebook, Friends Reunited, LinkedIn etc. but you'll probably need to set up your own accounts for them first. You could give Google a try but their names would have to be pretty unusual to track them down.

In my experience, we tend to make the effort to keep in touch with people that matter and are important. If both parties have lost touch, maybe that says something?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Looking for email contacts - 21st Dec 2012 1:37pm
Can't agree there stu. Over the years I have literally hundreds of acquaintances, and some of them have been bloody good mates, but life and times move on and you travel through your working life worrying about making a living and providing. You can't keep looking back but have happy memories when you do reminisce. Just found out about one bloke who passed away, informed via Facebook and the tributes are pouring in for him from people who haven't seen him for years. He'd been an important part of a lot of people's lives and had touched them all, but ....... they've all got on with their lives and still remember him for what he was, a legend amongst his peers. Good luck in your quest derek.

oldman
Posted By: Mark Re: Looking for email contacts - 22nd Dec 2012 4:28pm
Because of Spam and Such people try to keep there e-mail addresses private for the fear of unsolicited e-mails. It is a 2 sided thing, you find it more and more common for people to update you with an e-mail address in a Christmas card when most people realise they only have the old home address or contact phone number.

Changing Internet provider also is another reason why e-mail addresses can change.

Your best bet is to send Christmas cards to whom you know with YOUR email address and from there, you can start your new contacts list with e-mail, phone, and mobile.

Its the world we live in.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral