Forums
Posted By: Guzzler iPhone repair - 14th Dec 2012 10:13pm
Anyone know a reliable iPhone repair shop? Various problems with the phone.
Posted By: norma Re: iPhone repair - 14th Dec 2012 10:39pm
try birkenhead market dont know the name of the shop but it is on the corner sells christmas lights and sometimes have vacuum cleaners outside they will have a look at it if they are uunable to fix it there is no charge
Posted By: Zubee Re: iPhone repair - 14th Dec 2012 11:23pm
http://www.starlightmobiles.com/starlight-store.html

Starlight Mobiles, Birkenhead Market - 647 9399
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone repair - 21st Mar 2013 2:35pm
What's the problem with it ?

I know you said "various" but some are linked.
Posted By: mikroc Re: iPhone repair - 21st Mar 2013 4:59pm
I need several repairs to mine aswell cracked screen lock button missing wifi not working unless very close to router where can I have this done an how much I should by another but have lots of pics an videos to keep
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone repair - 21st Mar 2013 9:47pm
If the phone is a 4 / 4s then to replace the screen and the "lock" button (do you mean the mute or the power button ?) you're looking at about £60 for the two, supplied and fitted.

The WiFi problem is usually caused either by a software fault (you'd need to back it up and update it) or, and it's very common, the chip that controls the WiFi on the board has gone down.

Apple say its rare, had three of them in this week alone, so it's a common rarity.

Solutions to fix it vary, but with the other faults you're getting close to an exchange price so I'd back all you pics up and reload them on to a nice shiny new one.
Posted By: sam15 Re: iPhone repair - 22nd Mar 2013 7:16pm
Sorry to hijack thread. I need a repair to mine it's an iPhone 4S stuck in recovery mode. When I try to update either in recovery mode or dfu mode it comes up with error (-1). This suggests a hardware error, would you be able to fix it ?.

Thanks
Sam
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone repair - 22nd Mar 2013 9:45pm
If its a -1 error this is a hardware fault, can be that someone has tried to jailbreak it and messed it up, or they've changed a part and put a non genuine one in (usually a poor copy screen).

If its copy parts, change them and then reset it from DFU mode.

If its not and its a genuine failure take it to Apple and get them to change it if its still under warranty.

If its out of warranty (and only if it has genuine parts) you'll need to pay them for an out of warranty repair (they give you another one), currently £139 for a 4s
Posted By: Grayham Re: iPhone repair - 22nd Mar 2013 10:08pm
Also go on youtube loads of vids on there on how to fix it your self.
Posted By: sam15 Re: iPhone repair - 23rd Mar 2013 8:19am
It had the dock connector replaced. The old one has been put back in and still showing same error in dfu and recovery. There are no YouTube vids specific to this error that I can find.
Posted By: Grayham Re: iPhone repair - 23rd Mar 2013 9:39pm
What is the full error mate? can u take a photo of it?
Posted By: sam15 Re: iPhone repair - 24th Mar 2013 11:04am
To late took it to apple and swapped it smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral