Forums
Posted By: Anonymous how do i get it??? - 4th Dec 2012 5:33pm
I see BT Broadband offers the largest 'free' WIFI in the country, is there a special password available so I could access it? or do I have to change my isp [which I dont want to do] to BT ??????????????
Posted By: j_demo Re: how do i get it??? - 4th Dec 2012 6:25pm
you need to be a BT customer and have a username and password with them
Posted By: AR_One Re: how do i get it??? - 5th Dec 2012 8:21am
Don't do it, don't become a BT customer - I've only had them in my last two houses so that I can have SKY (used other providers for the actual phone calls and internet but had to pay BT line renatal) and not had much to show for their £125 installation (5 min job!) and £13 a month rental!
Posted By: Mark Re: how do i get it??? - 5th Dec 2012 8:28am
call up your mobile phone provider.
They can help you.

I am with O2 and there are certain spots (wifi) that i can log into on the BT Wif. Its a share thing as BT has the Hardware in place, but my guess is it was going to waste and they leased out this to other companies too.

Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: how do i get it??? - 5th Dec 2012 9:21am
If you're with Sky you can access any 'Cloud' Wifi spots. If you're with Orange UK then you can use any of the BT Wifi spots.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: how do i get it??? - 5th Dec 2012 10:06am
I'm with 3 anyone know any shared hot spots?
Posted By: Satforce Re: how do i get it??? - 15th Dec 2012 1:56pm
The BT Hotspots are actually Current BT Customers and you access there modems
Posted By: Anonymous Re: how do i get it??? - 2nd Jan 2013 1:56pm
wow that seems a bit cheeky!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: how do i get it??? - 2nd Jan 2013 2:28pm
I've been with BT for years and don't really have any complaints compared to folks with other providers I've heard of. If you manage your system properly it seems ok.
Don't totally understand the wifi freebies but would be hacked off if anyone and his dog could nick my bandwidth, I'll have to read up on this before I can have an opinion on that one.
Posted By: chriskay Re: how do i get it??? - 2nd Jan 2013 4:18pm
I think you can password protect your wi-fi but I don't know how; I'm sure plenty of people here will know.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: how do i get it??? - 2nd Jan 2013 4:25pm
This explains it all Clicky
Posted By: chriskay Re: how do i get it??? - 2nd Jan 2013 7:02pm
Ah, so you have to opt out. Thanks for the info,
Posted By: Moonstar Re: how do i get it??? - 2nd Jan 2013 7:34pm
As I understand it. O2 used to be BT's mobile arm and then made it a separate entity. Sky owns a large chunk of BT. Not difficult to work out what will follow.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral