Forums
Posted By: Willo_ iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 20th Nov 2012 10:27pm
I have come into a bit of money, and am debating getting a new phone seen as I can not get hold of a samsung wave s8500 with bada 1.2.

And the phones that are top of my list are Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5.

Now I have never ever used an iphone, and know naff all about them, now the Galaxy S3 i have had and found it to big, but quite easy to use, alltho I would never ever use 90% of stuff onit. But samsung phones i find very esay to use. And very user friendly.

Now the iphone, i dont understand jailbreak etc etc.

Also are you able to just plug phone into pc and transfere your stored music on pc to phone and set it as ring tones and message alert tones.

I know the galaxy s3 is rated the best phone ever (so far), and compared to all phones i have ever had i would agree.

What do people think of the iphone, or am i better going for s3.
Posted By: lansyp Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 20th Nov 2012 10:34pm
Go and have a play in car phone warehouse that's what I always do
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 20th Nov 2012 10:36pm
stick with the S3 cant go wrong..
Posted By: Willo_ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 20th Nov 2012 10:54pm
Originally Posted by mikethetrainman
stick with the S3 cant go wrong..
thats what am thinking Mike.

I have had s3 sim free before, but sold it as i found it to big.

I may just take the plunge and buy another one, no doubt if i get the board feeling again, there is allways someone that will buy it.
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 20th Nov 2012 11:15pm
Yeah I would also say go with the s3, unfortunatly at the moment if you want a smaller sized phone you will find that the power of the hardware will most likely be less too, they dont seem to make smaller sized phones with the very top end hardware (it is probably too much of a niche market I guess as most people who want the fastest phones also want bigger screens to use it on these days, you shoud see the size of the galaxy note 2, my GF can barely get her hands around it, and yes i mean the phone!)
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 20th Nov 2012 11:18pm
Galaxy S3
Posted By: ASE71 Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 12:04am
Originally Posted by BurgerChips

Now I have never ever used an iphone, and know naff all about them,

Thats half the problem with the Android Bunch. They have never used IOS fully. If they did, they wouldn't go back. Android is open source software that will never work properly, it so buggy,and as most don't know, is still classified as BETA, whereas IOS just works and works very well.

Just my opinion ofcourse.........
Posted By: MikeT Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 7:55am

I think you need to get out more. Do you want a phone or something you can show off?
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 8:16am
Av got the s3 and wouldn't change it for the world, I have had the iPhone 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s. They are crap made for peeps who don't even know how to turn channels on there tv.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 8:34am
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 8:48am
Lol says the one thats only ever had a iphone, You ant got a clue what your on about son So get back under your rock with your supper dupper phone raftl
Posted By: ASE71 Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 9:37am
Beehive. You can hardly describe a device that outsells everything else 3 fold as "Crap".

And, stating the iPhone is for people that can't operate a tv remote, I assume you are referring to certain apps that are also available for Android as well as iOS.

And, it's "Super Dooper" not "Supper Dupper", this obviously shows how much intellectual input you have to offer to this thread.
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 9:48am
@burgerandchips ,im going to be selling my galaxy s phone this week ,as good as the others but the right size for you .£110 for the galaxy s , boxed ,unlocked ,good condition .not as big as the s3 but still a great phone .
Posted By: Dilly Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 9:52am
Shit just realised if I get rid of my IPhone I will be able to watch more than one channel on my telly, wow !
Posted By: eggandchips Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 12:33pm
daughter has changed her mind burger, sorry
I have come into a bit of money, and am debating getting a new phone seen as I can not get hold of a samsung wave s8500 with bada 1.2.

And the phones that are top of my list are Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5.

Now I have never ever used an iphone, and know naff all about them, now the Galaxy S3 i have had and found it to big, but quite easy to use, alltho I would never ever use 90% of stuff onit. But samsung phones i find very esay to use. And very user friendly.

Now the iphone, i dont understand jailbreak etc etc.

Also are you able to just plug phone into pc and transfere your stored music on pc to phone and set it as ring tones and message alert tones.

I know the galaxy s3 is rated the best phone ever (so far), and compared to all phones i have ever had i would agree.

Posted By: Willo_ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 12:48pm
Originally Posted by MikeT

I think you need to get out more. Do you want a phone or something you can show off?
And where is the problem with asking for advice, forgive me if am mistaken, but is that not what people do on forums.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 1:50pm
To be honest they are all pretty good mate, IOS or Android. Windows still has a way to go as an OS and Symbian is pretty much dead, comes down to personal choice.

Personally speaking, if you have cash and if you can get your hands on the new Google Nexus 4 they are £279 with no contract, stick a Giff Gaff card in it and save yourself a stack of cash compared to a 2 year contract.

K
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 4:54pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
Beehive. You can hardly describe a device that outsells everything else 3 fold as "Crap".

fashion accessories will always sell out, everyone wants to keep up with the joneses wink
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 5:40pm
Originally Posted by beehive
Lol says the one thats only ever had a iphone, You ant got a clue what your on about son So get back under your rock with your supper dupper phone raftl

Hes had more than a iphone
U changed your name jase wink
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 5:52pm
Posted By: Mark Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 5:59pm
Please keep this on topic.
Accounts will be closed for personal insults.

We are all allowed an opinion, provided we can put that opinion across in a respectable manner.

Thank you.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 7:04pm
After having the iPhone 4 (not had the 5) and now the Galaxy S3, just a few things to consider

The features on both phones are very similar except for a couple of minor issues I came across

For one, the iPhone still doesnt support phone to phone/computer bluetooth file transfers, BUT WILL connect to Bluetooth In Car devices / headsets

The other thing I'm not a fan of is having to connect the iPhone to the computer every time you want to put a new photo/video/music file on it.... I just hate iTunes

Going from both of the phones, I find the Android OS a lot easier to navigate and seems a lot smoother due to the S3's Quadcore processor as appose to the iPhone 5's dualcore one.
Only had a few minutes "play time" with the iPhone 5

Of course the upside of the iPhone is Apple's constant firmware updates keeping you up to date with security fixes.
Where as Android is a little slower at handing out updates and are reliant on the network pushing them out to the handsets.

Personally, I recommend you go for the Galaxy S3
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 21st Nov 2012 10:30pm
I knew an iphone user would pipe up with the usual rubbish lmao
Posted By: chriskay Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 22nd Nov 2012 11:32am
Quote BurgerChips, 10 Nov.

"I would rather have this 8310 than these stupid smart phones, that seem to eat the credit for no reason, so you are forced into buying internet packs.

Give me an old nokia anyday, so simple to use, and as you say, battery lasts for days."
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 22nd Nov 2012 11:59am
Get an iPhone, don't listen to the others.

I have never had a galaxy no as I have never had the need to, I already have the best available phone so why would I go out and buy a house brick?

You cannot get a virus on any apple product, android is shit end of.

An if you want to look a c*¥t pulling a house brick out ever time your phone goes or you need to use your phone then go right ahead and buy one.

I just laugh when I see those fools walking down the road with a phone bigger than bidston hill, it's not the 80,s anymore.
What's with those fools and the MASSIVE sets of headphones walking down the road? Now they need a tango slap!
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 22nd Nov 2012 12:37pm
I had same attitude till I went to galaxy. All I will say is don't knock it till you tryed it smile
Posted By: Willo_ Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 22nd Nov 2012 1:23pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Quote BurgerChips, 10 Nov.

"I would rather have this 8310 than these stupid smart phones, that seem to eat the credit for no reason, so you are forced into buying internet packs.

Give me an old nokia anyday, so simple to use, and as you say, battery lasts for days."
And your point being
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 22nd Nov 2012 6:33pm
Originally Posted by beehive
I had same attitude till I went to galaxy. All I will say is don't knock it till you tryed it smile

Agree!

Posted By: AX_125 Re: iphone 5 or Galaxy S3 - 23rd Nov 2012 1:45pm
iOS is great, simple, easy to use, smart, well built Hardware and it just works.

Android powered devices take a little more getting used to as they are not quite as simple out the box, but the Google cloud is light years ahead and the operating system is alot more innovative with features being released on Android months/years before Iphone (true multi tasking, folders, multiple user accounts etc) and they are cheap. Android have bought smart phones to the masses.

If you have lots of spare cash image is important and you are not technology savvy the buy iphone.

It you are a techie and require more useful features, dont have as much money to spend on toys or dont care then buy android.

Myself, my next phone will be a google nexus 4. Does everything the iphone does and lots of stuff it cant do for a 1/3 of the price. I have had apple devices in the past and will never buy another, the products are good but their business practices are bad and are preventing innovation.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral