Forums
Posted By: Necronuss iphone 4 Unlock service - 20th Nov 2012 8:31pm
Hi guys,

Having shed load of problems with Orange unlocking my iPhone4 after my contract finished with them.

I contacted them 30 days ago and my contract ended on the 8/11/12

Called them and they said it would be 20 days to get it unlocked so I gave them the go ahead, contacted them the Saturday before last and spoke to a supervisor who said they would send an email to the unlocking team to "speed up" the process

Contacted them again today to see what is happening and got a reply of it can be 30 days more as they have a lot of people wanting unlocks....I wonder why, their customer service stinks

So please DR, your inbox is full can you please pm me the costs and timescales if you can offer this service, I would be very greatful

Cheers in advance

For anyone else thinking of taking a contract out with Orange...Beware!!!!
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 Unlock service - 20th Nov 2012 10:02pm
Orange are trying a new technique, it's called fibbing, along with, not knowing what is going on.

Orange/T-Mobile are now EE, new name, same cr@ppy service smile

What has happened is nothing to do with there being a lot of people wanting to unlock their phones (although it is true that there are). Every other network is fine, it's just Orange.

They can send through as many emails as they like, nothing is going to happen at the moment, Orange are locked out of the unlocking procedure with Apple (the unlock involves Apple making an update to the iTunes server which is checked every time you log into it, if the change is made for your serial number it will unlock the phone if you have a SIM card in other than your own network).

Because of this lockout nothing from Orange will be getting unlocked by Apple.

Nothing looks like happening in the immediate future, but as with most things it'll sort itself out eventually.

Posted By: Necronuss Re: iphone 4 Unlock service - 20th Nov 2012 10:37pm
Great, thank you for the heads up mate, bit of a mare at the moment as this leaves me without a phone and a micro sim with giffgaff that I am paying for.

Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 Unlock service - 21st Nov 2012 12:07pm
I can sort you out with an adapter for your micro sim, or even just a cut out from an old sim, so you can use it in another phone if that helps.
Posted By: Necronuss Re: iphone 4 Unlock service - 21st Nov 2012 6:33pm
Thanks doc, but only got that one in the house, will hold on till 30 days are up, other than that may just take a sim only PAYG micro from them and use that until they sort it, if ever they do.

Thank you again mate
© Wirral-Wikiwirral