Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 5:42pm
Hi all! hi I'm after a ebook reader this Christmas smile , and with the bewildering amount to choose from think, I'm looking for some personal recommendations.

I'd like one that's simple to use, with large storage and a long battery life.

So which do you think is best, and why?
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 6:02pm
It's a no-brainer. Go for the cheapest Kindle.

Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 6:27pm
I've been wavering between the "Kobo E-reader Touch" and the "GoBook Colour E-reader". They're roughly the same price, but the GoBook has an 8" screen, (the Kobo has 6".) Still checking all the specs...
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 7:42pm
I have a Kobo Touch , perfectly happy with it & plenty of storage via micro sd .
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 8:49pm
Check out the Barnes & Noble 'Nooks' which are now available in UK. I've got the Nook Color which is brilliant.
If your not in a hurry to buy one, the Txtr 'Beagle' is being launched early next year. It runs off 2 AAA batteries & books are purchased/loaded via Bluetooth & will cost less than £10.
Here's a review.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/nov/08/beagle-e-reader-review
Posted By: suey30 Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 8:56pm
i have the 1st kindle easy to use,i love it.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 9:32pm
Originally Posted by suey30
i have the 1st kindle easy to use,i love it.

withthat
Posted By: Lynda Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 9:52pm
Ive got the first kindle, its great!
I only charge it once every 7 to 10 days, and thats reading at least 3 books a week!
Posted By: atw1960 Re: Best eBook Reader? - 15th Nov 2012 11:11pm
I'm thinking of going for the basic Kindle because I've got an iPod for my music and I don't download movies - so I think you should really think about what you're going to use it for.If it's just as a reader , then go for the basic Kindle , as Spellbinder advised - the reviews are pretty unanimous.Also I would buy it from either Waterstones or John Lewis rather than faffing about with Amazon - it's always easier to take it back to a shop instead of trying to sort any problems out over the phone or internet !
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Best eBook Reader? - 16th Nov 2012 7:23am
Warning do not by a pandigtal ereader or anything made by this firm.We have had loads of these return to the company i work for
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Best eBook Reader? - 16th Nov 2012 1:53pm
Kobo is good value for money, but if you've used a Kindle before you'll find it outperforms the others.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Best eBook Reader? - 16th Nov 2012 10:34pm
i love my kindle touch very easy to use
© Wirral-Wikiwirral