Forums
Posted By: littlebird Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 6:43pm
I dropped my blackberry down the toilet and although i got it out within seconds and dried it out it still doesnt work.( NO INSURANCE) Do you think buying a new battery may help or not? Any ideas if it is repairable or not. Thanks. I had only had it just over a month! Gutted.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 7:02pm
Humm, earlier this week my son (in USA) reported that he had dropped his BBerry in the sink that "had just a bit of water in it" (tap was running) and that it no longer worked. It was switched on when he dropped it so the non-working was pretty obvious.

Advice given:
Remove battery and SIM and physically dry off excess water
DO NOT try to power up the phone
Dry a couple of cups of rice on LOW heat in the oven for 30 mins & let it cool.
Wrap the phone in a couple of tissues and pack it in the dried rice in a bag kept in a warm place (airing cupboard).
Keep it there for at least 2 days - longer if you can

He kept it there for 3 days - and when powered up it worked OK

I do not know whether TheDr will offer any other advice.

Snod
Posted By: littlebird Re: Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 7:09pm
Thank you for that, but done all that. I think i made the mistake of trying to power it up again. It came on again then went off permanantly.
Posted By: Mark Re: Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 7:39pm
your probably right.
powering it up can cause a short circuit.

It sounds Terminal.
i would put the money aside to fix it, towards a second hand one. Its horrible spending out and then having to buy a new second hand one.

we have all done it.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 8:01pm
The powering up "test" is what kills them.

If you want me to have a look at it for you ill take it apart, clean all the inside then see if I can get any life from it.

Don't take it anywhere that will charge you to "try" and fix water damage, that's just a waste of money.

Posted By: littlebird Re: Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 8:47pm
Thank you The Dr. Cant believe how helpfull everyone is on here
I think you fixed my laptop screen back in may, are you in Rock ferry?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Blackberry curve not working. - 28th Oct 2012 10:01pm
I am in Rock Ferry yes, also in New Ferry now (same business name) if that's any easier for you to get to.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral