Forums
Posted By: silvertigra advice needed laptop only works in safe mode - 22nd Oct 2012 9:43pm
Can anyone give me any advise or know anyone who can fix probs with laptops? (not too expensive)
will only work in safe networking mode so cant play any music. have done a scan and not showing any viruses. feel like I have lost a leg!

Thanks
Posted By: TheDr Re: advice needed laptop only works in safe mode - 22nd Oct 2012 10:59pm
Whilst in safe mode change the graphics resolution to VGA

Sometimes either the resolution goes too high or the driver update for the graphics fails, this means that when the drivers load the machine fails.

It might be a different driver but the one that usually stops you going any further is that.
Hi thanks for the info
but how do i change it?
whats vga?
sorry but not that up on techi
thank for the reply

Posted By: Mark Re: advice needed laptop only works in safe mode - 23rd Oct 2012 6:33am
As the laptop boots up keep pressing F8 on/off until you are presented with a screen of options. On that screen of options you would have boot into safe mode but also, Low resolution VGA mode.

It happens more often than you think.

Drop me a private message if you continue to have problems, i may be able to talk you through it.

mark
Marks advice will probably be the solution mate. Was going to write the same thing.

Thanks Mark will try that now, fingers crossed
OMG i think its fixed yippee! it did not work when i changed the resolution but i seen a tab for restore so i done it and it seems to have worked! but running really slow now. Thank you so much for your help, got a feeling it was something to do with a i tunes update I downloaded.
False alarm! it worked until i clicked on google and thats when it freezes so if anyone could recommend any good computer shops I would be grateful as there are so many I dont know which to go to?

Thanks
Posted By: TheDr Re: advice needed laptop only works in safe mode - 23rd Oct 2012 2:38pm
It's not going to be anything major (hopefully).

If you want to drop it into my place someone will have a look for you.
that would be good were are you based?

Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral